• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC18 Owners club!

Thatsliam

yep will put them up as soon as i have it.

Are they any good stock or should i get a brushless set up asap ?

not sure stock but mine is brushless as i just got mine, i will say though a rpm bumper is a must and also upgrade the shock mounts to aluminium or carbon fiber although not sure if my rear one was home made! It makes a big difference, i will also say clean the bearings and see if there any good. Mine has had some aftermarket rubber sealed bearings, and i removed them out of the hubs, there is 2 1 big one one small i can't remember if there is one in the middle! But the bearings in the wheels play a huge part in how it rolls and i found just by cleaning them it was more efficient. I haven't ran mine but i will soon. Also it seems a good servo (probably a savox) is a good investment. i'm waiting for mine and my pinion to see how it runs!

They look fun just when looking at it!

Gah im still waiting on bits for me build. Doing a RC18R into a RC18T tho probs gonna use the Exotek R18 II chassis as its suits my lipos a bit better and this is more on road and low as hell. Also a wide track conversion kit I got from thtoyz so shud be 20mm wider and a good 16mm or so longer once I get payed and order the chassis. Got some nice 1/10th 20 spoke street tyres here, but yeh just waiting on silly bits now as my conversion kit left customs today. So tie-rods and a screw set...

Had me RPM towers come today aswell so modded them up for my wing and mount. Want my modded Mini LST Shocks tho sadly damn posty was a total idiot and decided a red card thru the door was better after forgetting to deliver it the day before. Then his wee matey at the collection office couldnt find it after a 10min search. So...

Now waiting on redilvery of that tomoz along with (please jebus) conversion kit. Mind you still cant finish a working build of it yet as like i say screw set etc ><

Cant wait tho as when I had this as it came (full RC18R some mods) it was nippy as hell on a crummy nimh pack. 2s 2200mah lipos here i come :D Oh and 2x lipos so hours of fun or some 4s action down the line

On a side not Im going to post a wee tutorial on getting the Savox Mini servos to work. Tho its a pure rip of Pearces just with more pics. Requires drill and steady hand also

Edited by Colicab

On a side not Im going to post a wee tutorial on getting the Savox Mini servos to work. Tho its a pure rip of Pearces just with more pics. Requires drill and steady hand also

I'm thinking of just taping it in with my heavy duty tape. This tape is the proper stuff and is not cheep!

as i have the standard servo screw in, if it fits then i'll screw it in if not then i will mod it! Is it the servo arm that needs modding too?

Tutorial for Savox Servo here :

hope it helps peeps :)

Woot my USA stuff came to the postoffice today, tho not delivered. Hoping tomoz. Kinda mad tho as RM seem to have lost my friggin LST shocks >:(

Tutorial for Savox Servo here : http://www.msuk-foru...iew__getnewpost

hope it helps peeps :)

Woot my USA stuff came to the postoffice today, tho not delivered. Hoping tomoz. Kinda mad tho as RM seem to have lost my friggin LST shocks >:(

WHAT?

Just go there and wait till they find it..

thanks, why is the servo saver too big bit wierd,

servo saver that come with your rc18 dont work as altho you can butcher it on, due to the size and position of your servo it becomes very snug, to the point where your front ball cup and tierod for the steering rubs off the diff casing resulting in a cool car that only goes in straight lines

servo saver that come with your rc18 dont work as altho you can butcher it on, due to the size and position of your servo it becomes very snug, to the point where your front ball cup and tierod for the steering rubs off the diff casing resulting in a cool car that only goes in straight lines

Ok, i get what you mean now, can you measure the width of the servo gear that you attach the horn to?

thanks

Done added approx lengths before drilling holes. Tho use common sense and I it up a bit before drilling. Its not rocket science but do aviod splitting the plastic and the dman horn. :)

Cool thread.

That roll cage looks sweet, how much is it?

Liam, clicky ball cups your after.

Thanks for that link!

This owners club is becoming popular :)

The rollcage is here http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Integy-INTT7633BLK-Roll-Cage-for-RC18T-Black-(Solid)__13534.aspx

$25

and 3 colours blue or black and white,

also this is another roll cage

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Integy-INTT7634BLK-Roll-Cage-for-RC18T-Black-(Tube-Frame)__13514.aspx

Cool, cheers for that. Out of stock though, did find another site doing it for $20 but that's out of stock too. Presume there discontinued.

I wish apex models would update their site already, been waiting 2/3 days now to place and order, bet my cart has been emptied too. sad.gif

Just read you left tyre marks on pillow cases, haha whoops. You got it off yet? Could try wd40, I've used it to remove tar from carpet with great success, so it's not that dissimilar.

Cool, cheers for that. Out of stock though, did find another site doing it for $20 but that's out of stock too. Presume there discontinued.

I wish apex models would update their site already, been waiting 2/3 days now to place and order, bet my cart has been emptied too. sad.gif

Just read you left tyre marks on pillow cases, haha whoops. You got it off yet? Could try wd40, I've used it to remove tar from carpet with great success, so it's not that dissimilar.

i got a bit of it off, i turned it around and hope she doesn't notice.

There on ebay btw!

Links :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Under-Body-Associated-RC18T-Blue-Roll-Cage-18T-/160505297358?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255edc79ce#ht_2280wt_825

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rc-Solutions-SILVER-Roll-Cage-RC18T-Roll-Cage-/220507080203?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33573f060b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Associated-RC-18-T-Chrome-Roll-Cage-VG-Racing-/270800579175?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0cf8ea67#ht_1463wt_825