• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

have you guys tried out that place off Old Norwich Road? it used to be an old factory, the factorys gone but all the super slippy tile flooring is still there

Its amazing for drifters and my CR was fun there too, the skateboarders have set up ramps and stuff

IMG_20120630_184018.jpg

That's the old bakery site, I used to use it a lot for my savage, not so much now I run the Baja

It is def good for electric and nitros, just not Baja friendly lol

Sent from my Motorola Xoom, ICS 4.04

I'm certainly up for a bit of bashing in the Ipswich area.

As a matter of fact, I came across this page when searching for RC clubs in Ipswich, I seem to only be able to find one, the Coastal Model Car Racing Club, but I am interested in finding others without such 'no practice unless race-day' rules.

Thanks a lot for that, I'm looking through the information now!

It certainly seems doable, train ride in the morning, a bit of a walk and I can get there without a problem (Asides from lugging all my stuff, heh heh!).

Edited by RC.Luke

Here Luke try this, the other side of woodbridge but it looks ok and the guys seem alright haven't raced there but have been along for a look they seem to race all scales there. http://www.facebook....74487154?ref=ts

I never knew that track had opened up again, it used to be called SRC Offroad, i helped build the track a few years ago, it was a lot more complex back then though with jumps and stuff

there wasnt enough interest and it closed down

If you dont mind me asking Luke, how old are you? i assume you dont drive

I'm 21 mate, how about you? Unfortunately I don't drive, I can just, not legally. Double roundabout at the Novotel and some old bloke riding his bike on a road behind some grey railings under the sun's beam put paid to my enthusiasm of paying

Nice one mate.

I don't know if the weather will hold out, I wish getting there wasn't such a pain in the ass.

I'm thinking of getting an AE RC10B44.1 Factory Team and perhaps looking into joining the coastal club. That or a 1/10 touring racer. Offroad holds a lot more possibilities for practice without a lot of effort, though.

Edited by RC.Luke

I think i might pop up to that track this weekend for a look if the weather is alright

Ahh bugger I was going to take you up on your offer of going to your track as was going to take my 4 year old as he hasn't forgiven me for taking him last time lol

Well hopefully im going at an open day thing at Aston Martin this Sunday, but if not i'll give that Marlesford club a go, i know a few guys there from when i used to race so would be good to catch up

Lol joker I remember when I sugessted it before you refused to install anymore apps on your phone lol

lol i had no choice, the other half started using it! :-)

sounds like i might have to get this whatsapp thing :P

I had a really good weekend up in Coventry, im up for something RC next weekend though... im still wanting to try out that track at Marlesford... we could maybe all go? it looks like they run anything there, but mostly largescale

lol, i've added you to the ipswich bashers wa group :yes:

So how exactly does the group thing work, I send one message and everyone gets it? Lol

I was thinking about trying the track Sammy so could be a good idea if we got a few of us to go, I know a few people not on the forum wanting to try it out but we are all 1/5 Scale :)

Edited by Evmk

Yeah that right mike I've already sent you a message on it. In what's app if you click the group icon suffolk bashers will show up in it. Sammy if you pm me your number ill add you to it as well.

Yeah that right mike I've already sent you a message on it. In what's app if you click the group icon suffolk bashers will show up in it. Sammy if you pm me your number ill add you to it as well.

Yeah I noticed that mate, that's why I ask how it worked lol I didn't want to just send a message and not know who I was sending it to lol

Who is on the group list buddy?