• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

Bugger! After all the excitement of fitting all the new parts and it running like a dream, I gave it a clean and realised the front wheels weren't being driven. Stripped it down a bit and found the prop to diff splined plastic bit has totally sheared in half! Half left in the propshaft tube and half left on the diff. :xd:

Have ordered a metal replacement bit now and adjusted the slipper clutch so its not so tight. Still runs on 2wd well though!! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry guys but I won't be making this one either! :( :( :( :(

Thought I'd sorted everything with the Badger but have some binding somewhere and what with work haven't had time to sort it. On nights tonight (extra shift) and again next week, the week after my shift nights will fall on weekends so probably won't make the next couple. :(:crybaby:

Hope to see you all soon though and enjoy the weekend!!

Jay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my GT-I9100 powered by V3TR3MA ROM using Tapatalk

Yep, only a couple, didn't get round to putting them up. Will sort it out over the next couple of days. Quality isn't that great though.

Was a very destructive day (as usual?). But it was a nice day so worth it.

I have to be honest, wasn't too fussed about Video this time as i got distracted when I melted my xs speed controller lol

That kinda set my mood for the day lol

So now, its a lovely day and im going down to clyadon, I will try to get some video this time, its hard when you video and need to drive, but I will be there from about 12 onward if any one else is free to join me, that's always nice lol

hey guys

i missed the last bash as i pulled my sholder out big time, lifting a megan gear box grrrr.

Evmk can you txt me when when the next one is arranged.

still not got my net up at home as virgin are being dicks coz i stood on my router and thay want me to pay

I have to be honest, wasn't too fussed about Video this time as i got distracted when I melted my xs speed controller lol

That kinda set my mood for the day lol

So now, its a lovely day and im going down to clyadon, I will try to get some video this time, its hard when you video and need to drive, but I will be there from about 12 onward if any one else is free to join me, that's always nice lol

would have joined you today mate but im waiting for my new obr engine to turn up as i managed to burn a hole in the top of my piston on monday. :poster_oops:

but it was a good excuse to get a new motor :yes:

• Like 1

would have joined you today mate but im waiting for my new obr engine to turn up as i managed to burn a hole in the top of my piston on monday. :poster_oops:

but it was a good excuse to get a new motor :yes:

Oh mate, what can i say apart from i know the feeling lol

Right, so after melting my savage xs esc, i went up to Galaxy on Monday just gone and got a nice new esc and motor back in return on Friday, less then 5 days, that mad me a happy chappy lol

So figured i better strip in down as i brought a few new pieces for it from the US that hadn't shown up when the xs randomly set its self on fire lol and the fact it was just f**king Dirty!

Got a new set of universal drive shafts and alu rear uprights so they went on when i cleaned it lol

dscf0642n.jpg

dscf0644f.jpg

dscf0641.jpg

I made myself a base on the floor and sat there for about 7 hours getting it all cleaned with a toothbrush, not sure why i went through so much effort but it looks clean now lol

dscf0643o.jpg

dscf0645n.jpg

After everything, i still couldn't get the esc installed because HPI never sent me back the esc cradle to house it in so now need to wait for them anyway :-)

Edited by Evmk

Even got myself a new exhaust for the Savage Xl, a Dynamite Platinum 086 from what ive read, its the best you can buy for an xl so fingers crossed lol

dscf0626o.jpg

I now have another day of stripping and cleaning Rc's as im listing my Hpi Truggy and my HB GTX 2 Twin Engine on Ebay tonight, thinking about buy a MT Blackout so i might have that for the next meet also lol

Edited by Evmk

5 day turn around damn that's quick. HPI do seem to have very good customer service as other people have had good results from them. There's nothing like a good strip down and clean very therapeutic lol nothing like the smell of GT85 in the morning. Lets hope this esc lasts longer quite a few people have had this problem though.

Speaking of smells, had my first dog poo moment today. Was trying some settings out on the slash when starting taking the shell off there was a funny smell. And yes I put my hand on it, nearly chucked up. Was on a football pitch for christs sake!!

Shell needs some serious tlc to get it to stay on...

Thats a very shiney exhaust you've got there! Lets see how long this ESC lasts....will have camera at the ready!!

It does seem to have been a fault for alot of them, they are ment to act differently as in act like a low battery to warn the temp is getting too hot but it doesn't work lol

Never mind, im all back up and running now so will be down Claydon with Joel and Kieran on Sunday if anyone else is about?

You never know, you might get to see me set the xs on fire again lol

Im thinking spade also, I want to build a ramp :-)

It does seem to have been a fault for alot of them, they are ment to act differently as in act like a low battery to warn the temp is getting too hot but it doesn't work lol

Never mind, im all back up and running now so will be down Claydon with Joel and Kieran on Sunday if anyone else is about?

You never know, you might get to see me set the xs on fire again lol

Im thinking spade also, I want to build a ramp :-)

sounds like a plan il bring a spade aswell.

Would love too come out for a bash but works falling on weekend atm not to mention I still have no working RC's! :(

Just been so busy I haven't sorted the two small issues on the Baja and money has prevented me finishing the E-LST2, need LiPo's.

Decided to fix up and sell the second Baja, just need shock shafts and a turnbuckle and can sort it so will then have funds for LiPo's. Won't be too long hopefully...

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my GT-I9100 powered by ICS 4.0.3 using Tapatalk

Would love too come out for a bash but works falling on weekend atm not to mention I still have no working RC's! :(

Just been so busy I haven't sorted the two small issues on the Baja and money has prevented me finishing the E-LST2, need LiPo's.

Decided to fix up and sell the second Baja, just need shock shafts and a turnbuckle and can sort it so will then have funds for LiPo's. Won't be too long hopefully...

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my GT-I9100 powered by ICS 4.0.3 using Tapatalk

Well mate, its good to hear from you lol

If you want to sell, do you fancy selling me your second Baja? I would take it as it is and i have cash :-)

Cheers mate! :good:

PM me and make an offer on the Baja, can sort pics out or you can come see it.

Edited by JayJ