• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Got the Attacker 1/8 Nitro!

Dan13

Hi everyone!

Got the attacker last thursday evening.:D I quickly got the box open (very big box) and got it out. I straight away noticed the anodised blue chassis and big fat metal shocks, also anodised in blue. I took the shell off expecting to see a bland cheapo looking buggy with a tiny engine, but quite the oposite really. It has chunky upper plates for the steering linkage to fix onto and they were highly polished look so that was nice aswell. I then noticed fat stiffening braces going along the chassis which looked the bussiness too. The plastics are NOT cheap looking and are very sturdy, i cant move them the slightest. So the under neeth looks good anyway.

Then the electrics. I put batteries in, then turned it all on and i was suprised of how powerfull the servos were, they are acme's own servos.

I then started the engine, started 3rd pull after primming. I let it idle for one tank with slight blipping and then tank 2 i llet it fast idle with blipping. Tank 3 i drove slowly down the local bussiness park.

I just came back from tank 4, i think i gave it too much stick really, but i sounded like a propper 2 stroke, love it! Its very fast aswell, it weighs only a tad more then my stech speedy tiger.So very fast.

I got a decent run time aswell with the 125cc tank, Today i fitted a fail safe and done the tie rap and fuel tube trick around the head and looks ace. Really looking forward to bashing this thing hard.

So it cost

Hi everyone!

Got the attacker last thursday evening.:D I quickly got the box open (very big box) and got it out. I straight away noticed the anodised blue chassis and big fat metal shocks, also anodised in blue. I took the shell off expecting to see a bland cheapo looking buggy with a tiny engine, but quite the oposite really. It has chunky upper plates for the steering linkage to fix onto and they were highly polished look so that was nice aswell. I then noticed fat stiffening braces going along the chassis which looked the bussiness too. The plastics are NOT cheap looking and are very sturdy, i cant move them the slightest. So the under neeth looks good anyway.

Then the electrics. I put batteries in, then turned it all on and i was suprised of how powerfull the servos were, they are acme's own servos.

I then started the engine, started 3rd pull after primming. I let it idle for one tank with slight blipping and then tank 2 i llet it fast idle with blipping. Tank 3 i drove slowly down the local bussiness park.

I just came back from tank 4, i think i gave it too much stick really, but i sounded like a propper 2 stroke, love it! Its very fast aswell, it weighs only a tad more then my stech speedy tiger.So very fast.

I got a decent run time aswell with the 125cc tank, Today i fitted a fail safe and done the tie rap and fuel tube trick around the head and looks ace. Really looking forward to bashing this thing hard.

So it cost

How do i upload photo's on here? Do i need photo bucket?

I was thinking of doing a you-tube vid, cant i upload that? It really does look nice, i really want to show you all that acme has really improved with there new 1/8 scale buggies and trucks.

Ill get photos and vids up as soon as i can, probely monday. thanks

How do i upload photo's on here? Do i need photo bucket?

I was thinking of doing a you-tube vid, cant i upload that? It really does look nice, i really want to show you all that acme has really improved with there new 1/8 scale buggies and trucks.

Ill get photos and vids up as soon as i can, probely monday. thanks

1st option. u can create Photobucket, upload your pics then right click and copy image URL. then click on insert image, then paste.

2nd, exactly the same as above but u can do it through your gallery

Those image hosting sites are pants imo.

Use Dropox

Just install the computer, make and account then drag what photo's you want to upload into the dropbox/public folder. They will be uploaded for you then just rightclick on the picture, move the mouse over Dropbox in the menu then click copy public link.

Hit the embed image button on the forum, paste, click ok and your image will be posted :good:

Much much faster than the image hosting sites and it doubles as an online file storage (2GB). You can upload anything you want!

• 2 weeks later...

just a update really.

I have been bashing it hard to see what breaks and weak spots. 3 days ago i bashed it on a boggy football pitch and it went great. It handled long grass no problem. I did find the SH18 lacked abit, a 21 needed in long grass really, but it was still great fun. The clutch and and diffs are showing no sign of wear since this hard run. The day before yesterday i ran it flat out and full throttle constantly, but running rich with a nice trail of smoke from the exhaust. It was very fast on tarmac and it had anough power the slid and dounut with its nobbly tyres. The top end is ok, but nothing special as you can amagin from a 18 engine in a 1/8. It did handle well though after i tightened the springs down a tad. It handled very flat and stable. yesterda i took bashing to another level, the hardest i have ever done with any of my Rc's! I took it to a area of just dust and sand and very bumpy. The shocks damped it all out and didnt flip over once amazingly. It was the most fun i have ever had, it was great.

I got some nice power slides going aswell and kept the aswell. I love dust!!!! I stripped it all down after this as it was soo soo dusty. I checked all the gears and they were all fine. The plastic spur is showing sign of wear still...didnt expect that. As for jumps i havent done any crazy skater boy ones, but have had it flat out over speed bumps and it stayed level and landed without bottoming out.

I have crashed it a few times when being carelessly thrashing around in a gravel car park and nothing bent or snapped. each time i went to turn it over i was expecting to see dameged shocks and towers, but no.

The SH18 engine is great. It has held a tune since i broke it in. It seems to be able to run nice and smooth without bogging or stalling when its running rich, nothing like the team infinity's that acme used to use. I think this chassis could do with more power though, maby the sh21 would be a worthyy upgrade or just buy a warrior. I might get it ported and fit a tuned pipe, but in reality its fast enough for me. Overall i cant complain its cost nothing and hasnt broken once and i couldnt bash it any harder really. You have to believe me this buggy is great for people with not much money just looking for a 1/8 to bash....ideal for teenagers like me.

I try to get some pics up within a few days if your interested as it looks much better then on google. The trouble is im just loving driving it. Im the winter im either going to go and buy a vintage kyosho in need of TLC and maby make some cash when i got to sell it or buy a acme barbarian truck 1/8, that uses a SH21! :D

Very pleased with it all.

or buy a acme barbarian truck 1/8, that uses a SH21! :D

You need to set your sights higher dude!! smile.gif

But seriously glad the attackers working out for you so far. I wonder why they went with a .18, can't be much if any more to fit the 21's or 28's?

You need to set your sights higher dude!! smile.gif

But seriously glad the attackers working out for you so far. I wonder why they went with a .18, can't be much if any more to fit the 21's or 28's?

might be to keep the diffs under control

I kinda wondered if that was the case. Explains the david dickinson engine in my smartech.

Thanks, yer really like this buggy.:)

Yer, the diffs are a real limiting factor there. But i dont see why they dont fit some harder diff pinions made from steel, they are only a few quid as an upgrade. Oh and i have a 2 page word document on my pc now for that attacker all upgrades and mods i want to do in thenext few weeks. Most of it wont cost me money as i have the bits except from a tuned pipe. Any reccomendations?

Smoothybb--what engine do you have in your smartech mate? I HAD a smt15, but could never get it to run right. I then put a team infinity 18 in and it was much faster when tuned right but then it seized up on me.:confused: Im looking for a new engine now, maby a sh18 or i might go wild and put in a team infinity 21.:) The diffs have never failed on my smartech which is a suprise. We will see when i get a new engine.

"Smoothybb--what engine do you have in your smartech mate? I HAD a smt15, but could never get it to run right. I then put a team infinity 18 in and it was much faster when tuned right but then it seized up on me.:confused: Im looking for a new engine now, maby a sh18 or i might go wild and put in a team infinity 21.:) The diffs have never failed on my smartech which is a suprise. We will see when i get a new engine"

If it will fit, I recommend you stick a Thunder Tiger Pro BX18 engine in there. You can get them pretty cheap these days and they provide good power and top speed. Easy to tune as well.........

Edited by ghuk

If it will fit, I recommend you stick a Thunder Tiger Pro BX18 engine in there. You can get them pretty cheap these days and they provide good power and top speed. Easy to tune as well.........

Smoothybb--what engine do you have in your smartech mate? I HAD a smt15, but could never get it to run right. I then put a team infinity 18 in and it was much faster when tuned right but then it seized up on me.:confused: Im looking for a new engine now, maby a sh18 or i might go wild and put in a team infinity 21.:) The diffs have never failed on my smartech which is a suprise. We will see when i get a new engine.

I had the same SMT15 in my Winner, but it went the same way as yours Dan. Think I pushed it too far in an effort to get more speed out of it but in the end it disintegrated. I put a TT 18 in it but that ragged the rear diff although that could have been

the shimming or lack of. The other Smartech, the 1/6 came with some sort of shoddy SMT21 or something. Box said it should be a 21 but had a sticker over so I should have got a 28. For the couple of times I got the truck working with the original

engine, seemed to work okay but total lack of power. I got bored with the crappy engine so bought a Dynamite Big Red 28 and bunged that in. Break in was fine, slowly slowly etc then as I started to tune the engine came alive and the diffs died a

quick and painful death. Both front/rear diffs melted and trying to get parts through Blacksmiths was like trying to extract Carling from a rock. Gave up in the end. Been meaning to try and fit hyper diffs in the housings but never got round to it in the

end so it's sat in the garage in about 20 pieces. I even tried metal welding the diffs up but the plastic mullered - nothing on the drivetrain seemed able to take the power of the 28 and that was in a pretty big 1/6 size MT.

I had the same SMT15 in my Winner, but it went the same way as yours Dan. Think I pushed it too far in an effort to get more speed out of it but in the end it disintegrated. I put a TT 18 in it but that ragged the rear diff although that could have been

the shimming or lack of. The other Smartech, the 1/6 came with some sort of shoddy SMT21 or something. Box said it should be a 21 but had a sticker over so I should have got a 28. For the couple of times I got the truck working with the original

engine, seemed to work okay but total lack of power. I got bored with the crappy engine so bought a Dynamite Big Red 28 and bunged that in. Break in was fine, slowly slowly etc then as I started to tune the engine came alive and the diffs died a

quick and painful death. Both front/rear diffs melted and trying to get parts through Blacksmiths was like trying to extract Carling from a rock. Gave up in the end. Been meaning to try and fit hyper diffs in the housings but never got round to it in the

end so it's sat in the garage in about 20 pieces. I even tried metal welding the diffs up but the plastic mullered - nothing on the drivetrain seemed able to take the power of the 28 and that was in a pretty big 1/6 size MT.

Really! I think they need so make some better engines and diffs then, thats for sure! I am still on the first set of diffs on my speedy tiger, but i am only using a team infinity 18. Was yours the 2 speed, mine the single speed. I was actually looking at the 1/6 tornado and also there other 1/5 trucks and buggies. You can ger a 1/5 buggy the same as the carson (copy) for just onder

Smoothy bb=I found some diff parts that might replace you broken parts on Black smith products. Give them a call up and see what they say. I found lots of reviews of the tornado and spider and the spider has the 23cc petrol engine and your one SHOULD have a 25 nitro engine. Nitroholic has a petrol spider and he loves/ed it. He mad a thread about it a year ago. I might just get one of these very soon as they are so cheap. A little time and not much money could make these into a real weapon. You got me started now!

Smoothy bb=I found some diff parts that might replace you broken parts on Black smith products. Give them a call up and see what they say. I found lots of reviews of the tornado and spider and the spider has the 23cc petrol engine and your one SHOULD have a 25 nitro engine. Nitroholic has a petrol spider and he loves/ed it. He mad a thread about it a year ago. I might just get one of these very soon as they are so cheap. A little time and not much money could make these into a real weapon. You got me started now!

Cheers for looking dude but I've already spoken to blacksmiths, an oz dealer and one in the US. Smartech had a part number for the diff parts then changed what came in the pack and no longer offered the bits I needed. That was the second set I melted as well!! In my experience Blacksmiths are rubbish, they don't know their stock and can't get answers from Smartech and claimed they just have to wait to see what Smartech sent them. Smartech direct were worse!! STAY AWAY FROM THE TORNADO, the spider might be okay but I will never buy smartech again. I also refuse to buy from blacksmiths tbh, quality of service and products has been poor including 4 orders with wrong products or parcels invoiced to someone else.ohmy.gif

Cheers for looking dude but I've already spoken to blacksmiths, an oz dealer and one in the US. Smartech had a part number for the diff parts then changed what came in the pack and no longer offered the bits I needed. That was the second set I melted as well!! In my experience Blacksmiths are rubbish, they don't know their stock and can't get answers from Smartech and claimed they just have to wait to see what Smartech sent them. Smartech direct were worse!! STAY AWAY FROM THE TORNADO, the spider might be okay but I will never buy smartech again. I also refuse to buy from blacksmiths tbh, quality of service and products has been poor including 4 orders with wrong products or parcels invoiced to someone else.ohmy.gif

ya, i find blacksmith products rubbish as nothing is for my cars there.:confused: So your saying you can get diffs for your tornado, thats bad man. What about measuring them up and seeing what you could get to fit? Gotta admit that a large scale would be cool. The tonado is supposed to be great, im def getting one soon as i can, probs in the winter. If i find a set of difffs on ebay for ya then ill pm you.

oh, the attacker is going so well. I have been doing jumps at some sorta dirt place where bmx'ers have set up and i have just ripped it apart. I got it about 5ft in the air when the battery case/holder must of snapped, when i was full throttle, lucky i was high enough in the air for my mate to catch it, Also i have fitted a huge anderson air filter, looks sooo big! Just gat to get an exhaust now, great buggy.

Edited by Dan13

just a random question, but why have u got an acme condor picture in your avatar if u have sold it lol,

sorry i just had to say that

I shouldnt. On my PC its showing an acme attacker 1/8 buggy, not sure what i have in my profile pic though. Is it red and white, with dish rims? if so its a attacker.

I shouldnt. On my PC its showing an acme attacker 1/8 buggy, not sure what i have in my profile pic though. Is it red and white, with dish rims? if so its a attacker.

yeah your profile pic, but your avatar is the condor lol

yeah your profile pic, but your avatar is the condor lol

Ya maby profile pic. NO NO No..........not a condor on avata. Is a attacker, its amazing!!!!!:banghead: