• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HUNTER's Project Baja 5SC

HUNTER.P

Right bit of an update - it seems that Royal Mail may have misplaced my Chop Shop Order. Its only coming up on a week tomorrow, but I have never waited that long for something.

But I've been suckered by the DOTD's quite a bit :lol: But on the other hand taking advantage of the postage limits before it jumps up.

So on the way I have

DDM 1 - Upper Front Ball End, HD Gear set (idle, drive and diff)

DDM 2 - TFE Ball/Cone Combo, 2x Front RPM Arms, GH Front Shock Tower and GH Front Shock Supports

DDM 3 - Shreadstack, GBE Left Side Engine Mount

DDM 4 - TFE Front Camber Shims, HPI T Sand Paddles, and 1x Rear RPM (postage went up when I added the second)

Edited by HUNTER.P

Photo0772.jpg

Well I eventually received my first Baja Chop Shop Order, its not a lot to be honest. But I couldnt wait to build up what I had, so this was todays work:

Bearings in:

Photo0763.jpg

Steering Ball Joints:

Photo0774.jpg

Steering Assembly:

Photo0775.jpg

Chassis Pins:

Photo0777.jpg

Radio Box:

Photo0778.jpg

Photo0779.jpg

Its all coming together nicely :) Loved every step so far and cant wait for the next bunch of parts.

Photo0780.jpg

Got the rear bulk onto the chassis, with the IRC pins in too

Photo0781.jpg

Your baja is coming along really nicely mate are you going for an all black theme ?

I suppose it looks that way. TBH it was never intenional. But didnt want blue (troopers copyrighted it :lol: ) and never liked silver much on cars. So black was the best option.

But yes it will be pretty much all black, but might get some red outer wears/red in shell to break it up a bit.

Looking good man :D And blue bearings... i NEED them!

:rofl:

Rear bulk will have to come off again for tranny :rofl:

it wont you can drop it in from the top with no top plate on :rofl:

What he said ^^ Do you not think I would know, the manual has been my bed time story for two weeks now :lol: Yes its easier to do it off, but I wanted to see the size of it. Plus they aint thread locked just yet.

Coming along buddy, what bearings are they ?

IRC bearing Kit - Rubber shielded :good:

like what tetic did

hmmmm switch dont bother me where it is, as for a fuel tank breather. Unsure. Will prob end up buying some kit for it

coming together nicely mate, can't wait to see it finished :good:

It'll look well once with a shell painted by you on it. Still not decided what I want yet :lol: