• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC Sure-Start Pre-heaters

lambchops

Hello,

My name is John Bennett and I am the owner and inventor of the RC Sure-Start Nitro engine pre-heater. Some of you may have seen my preheater products at race meetings or perhaps have seen someone using one at some point but I thought I would post some information on MSUK Forum for those which haven

Hi, I like the product and will probably buy one when i purchase my next engine, (hopefully soon then :whistling: ) question though the standard unit has only one element? can it be left on unattended; with no damage to itself or the engine? I would probably run it off one of the HK cheap 3s lipo, what size do you recommend for getting through a full day with say 5-6 cold starts

Thanks for the kind words Steve glad your happy buddy,

DJ the Standard model needs to be attended while in use as if left or forgotten it can get very hot, this is where the Deluxe is handy as with the temp cut off can be left as long as you like. All units have the dual elements but on the standard you have to open the cap to connect / disconnect the second element manually, on the Deluxe this is done simply via the two stage switch which is handy . I normally start my Deluxe unit on two elements wait until the cutoff trips and then switch to one element to keep it warm while I go off and marshall or whatever, this works very well.

As for the Lipo I would recommend a 5000 mah pack which will last 50 minutes constant use on one element and 35 minutes constant use on two, there are some cheap packs on eBay a low C rating is fine. I use my unit with the Maxamps packs on ebay which work perfectly and are only about

i see a good deal of use from it if your starting a brand new engine but personaly i find older engines start without many issues without the need to heat it up before hand.

if i get another nitro i'll get one for the cold winter months where i see this being most useful

if it one size fits all or do you have 2 different sixed ones for small and big block cars?

Hi Thunderwolf, there are two sizes for offroad engines a small which is 59mm wide and fits Alpha's, GO, OS Vspec, old OS Speed to name a few and a large which is for engines with a head size over 59mm (RB, Reedy, Nova's). The large casing can be used on a small engine but does take a few minutes longer to warm up.

Its not so much the ease of starting which of course it does but the reduced engine wear, fuel saved, prolonged engine life etc etc :)

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...