• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

24 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Trencher SC's compared to HPI Ground Assaults

101f4ccb4852f09cb8a4c1a31bc45252.jpg

d29571c5d667db30a7957b5590b3da16.jpg

Badlands you mean ;)

Trencher 2.2 truck tires should fit the E-Firestorm nicely on stock wheels. And they last a little longer than badlands if you do any tarmac driving. 

Nice thing about the E-Firestorm is that being 2wd the front tires hardly wear.

7 minutes ago, ostewart said:

Badlands you mean ;)

Trencher 2.2 truck tires should fit the E-Firestorm nicely on stock wheels. And they last a little longer than badlands if you do any tarmac driving. 

Nice thing about the E-Firestorm is that being 2wd the front tires hardly wear.

Dammit! Edited :lol:

And you are correct, Trenchers are probably the better option. I ran them on my Blitz on stock wheels and they were great. I really can't remember why I ended up going for Badlands! Don't get my wrong, they're a great tyre and I don't regret it but I could've sworn the Trenchers were too big. Obviously that's not the case.

21 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Dammit! Edited :lol:

And you are correct, Trenchers are probably the better option. I ran them on my Blitz on stock wheels and they were great. I really can't remember why I ended up going for Badlands! Don't get my wrong, they're a great tyre and I don't regret it but I could've sworn the Trenchers were too big. Obviously that's not the case.

2.2 trencher truck are 104mm/54mm

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-trencher-t-2-2-all-terrain-truck-tyres/rc-car-products/395738

Stock are 102mm/53mm

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-ground-assault-tire-s-compound-2-2in-2pcs-/rc-car-products/27437

:D

Edited by ostewart

Been enjoying following your introduction with your boys to rc:-)

My 4yo uses my car but I need to either control the gas or the steering for him as his hands are simply to small . Can I just but a stick controller and move the chip from mine?  Do I just need to ensure it is digital? Anyone recommend a small one their kids might use? Is there one where I can limit the throttle imput? 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MonkeyHT said:

Been enjoying following your introduction with your boys to rc:-)

My 4yo uses my car but I need to either control the gas or the steering for him as his hands are simply to small . Can I just but a stick controller and move the chip from mine?  Do I just need to ensure it is digital? Anyone recommend a small one their kids might use? Is there one where I can limit the throttle imput? 

When my kids were small they used the wheel tx and i just stuck a foam block behind the trigger to limit movement. If you upgrade to better radio gear they have the ability to adjust end points etc.

19 minutes ago, MonkeyHT said:

Thank you all....my son is actually very disciplined  and simply knows not listening means remote is taken off him. It is more the size which is the issue...

Are you using the stock radio gear? The transmitter that comes with the car is on the large size, I reckon something like a Flysky GT2 would be smaller.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282598256637

Edited by everclear1984

1 hour ago, BoutTime said:

The transmitters supplied with the 10T RTR have end point adjustment for steering and throttle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

It sounds like he has the original non 2.4ghz the same as mine (see first post) which doesn't have the function or didn't work very well can't remember which the tx is very big.

The newer tf40 2.4 radio gear does have that function.

Edited by stretch

The other option is that you use two lots of radio gear. One for throttle and one for steering. Then let him do the steering while you control the power.

Would just require a 2nd bec for the 2nd receiver. 

Would let your lad think he is doing it all.

Ha ha thanks guys will check out the fkysky gt2...can't go wrong for £20, I've had various cars ( all hpi except an fg bettle once) and radio gear over the years( have a photo from a 35mm camera somewhere of my hpi rs4 super rally)  I dont remember ....I think it is the newer  version not the army green gun type.   ( hopefully if your old enough the above will make sense ha ha )

11 hours ago, stretch said:

It sounds like he has the original non 2.4ghz the same as mine (see first post) which doesn't have the function or didn't work very well can't remember which the tx is very big.

The newer tf40 2.4 radio gear does have that function.

i just checked and yes i have the TF-40 but this is to big for my sons fingers...is the flysky smaller in size? 

1 hour ago, MonkeyHT said:

i just checked and yes i have the TF-40 but this is to big for my sons fingers...is the flysky smaller in size? 

I'm confused didn't you mention swapping crystals?

3 hours ago, stretch said:

I'm confused didn't you mention swapping crystals?

yes i need a smaller controller (stick, or steering gun type) so asked do i need to just ensure its a 2.4ghz digital one,  is it just a case of taking the crystal  out of mine and putting into a new one?

Right that's where the confusion is the tf40 is 2.4ghz so doesn't use crystals like old radio gear. Tx and Rx have to be matched generally you can't mix and match makes.

3 minutes ago, stretch said:

Right that's where the confusion is the tf40 is 2.4ghz so doesn't use crystals like old radio gear. Tx and Rx have to be matched generally you can't mix and match makes.

i see ok thanks for clarifying. and yes you are right now you mention it i dont have crystals in this controller. thanks buddy. 

2 minutes ago, MonkeyHT said:

i see ok thanks for clarifying. and yes you are right now you mention it i dont have crystals in this controller. thanks buddy. 

No problem. With 2.4 you don't need to worry about interference like the old ones where if someone was using the same crystals as you they could drive you car. The flysky kit is popular there isn't really a small child set available. The tf40 is already quite compact compared to others.