• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Just got myself a Firestorm, its got some misc brushed running gear and I'm looking to switch it over to brushless. I was looking at a few options.

Stock Flux EMH-3S and 4000kv 4 Pole

EZRun WP-SC8 with Leopard 4550kv 4 Pole

Both will run me about the same price.

Anyone with experience with the factory setup have any gripes about it? Same goes with the EZRun WP-SC8?

I'm not too worried about getting the fastest speed out there, but I want some more oomph. I'll likely run it on both 2s and 3s.

Just got myself a Firestorm, its got some misc brushed running gear and I'm looking to switch it over to brushless. I was looking at a few options.

Stock Flux EMH-3S and 4000kv 4 Pole

EZRun WP-SC8 with Leopard 4550kv 4 Pole

Both will run me about the same price.

Anyone with experience with the factory setup have any gripes about it? Same goes with the EZRun WP-SC8?

I'm not too worried about getting the fastest speed out there, but I want some more oomph. I'll likely run it on both 2s and 3s.

sc8 is a good esc theres some cheaper combos available. What batteries are you going to run?

sc8 is a good esc theres some cheaper combos available. What batteries are you going to run?

I'll likely run some 4000mah 3s that I already have for other rc's

And yes the 48dp is your pitch, same thing.

Edited by Tiernan85

Yep it's very close. Just ensure you have no tight spots when meshing the gears. The bore should be the same also, so it will fit your standard 3.17mm motor shaft.

Edited by Tiernan85

Got my brushless gear coming along. Managed to snap up a WP SC8 and the flux 4000kv to run with it. Got them both quite well priced and just looking forward to swapping out this brushed system. Just gonna run stock gears for now.

Really? Does it run hot on stock gears?

I haven't even run it with the brushed system it came with. Just wanted the chassis to stick brushless in.

Edited by Tiernan85