• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

thinking off upgrading my wife's car from stock brushed to this..what you guys think ok or not ? 

Thank's Mez

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ezrun-RC-Car-truck-4000kv-4pole-Brushless-Motor-Combo-SC8-Waterproof-120A-ESC-/230801378989?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35bcd58ead

Hey stretch (or anyone else for that matter).

I cant seem to find any spec for the flux 4800kv vektor motor and vapor esc combo.

Turns on motor?

ESC output? continuous amps and burst amps?

Just ensuring I have best battery for the setup. and what run time I can get with various batteries.

I bought an overlander 4250mah 3s 30C with the storm.

Heads full of electrical calcs from this lipo malarkey!

And is this castle vector motor a rebranded motor?

hpi keep their specs close to their chest for some reason, a couple of people have asked similar questions to hpi direct and they weren't very forthcoming.

That battery will be fine, higher mah longer runtime. Also check how the wires exit the pack as some need chassis chopping to fit.

yes the vektor is rebranded castle

Edited by stretch

Hi all, in just investigating a strange problem on the firestorm. It seems to be 'cogging' a lot and doesn't have much power, sometimes it seems to gain drive but only for a few seconds. it sounds horrible - any ideas? It has a ez run 7.5t motor fitted. The motor and the gear box seem to turn freely?

Whilst taking the bits apart I have noticed that the drive output cups are worn, I will need some new ones so should I get the standard ones or is there something better? http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-diff-shaft-10x23mm-2pcs-/rc-car-products/27007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. Have just been looking at the camber, turn in and general wheel / steering alignment on our 2 Storms. Have measured all the turnbuckle / track rod lengths and they vary on both cars. Have done a quick search through this thread but can't find anything. Does anyone have the best / correct lengths for a good general bashing set up - both front and rear.

Thanks.

Just got my new Brushless firestorm yesterday so i did all the checkes needed,spur gear all the way in,6 full turns out and set the mesh with paper.

Took it out today in the back garden it was a blast,after i dunno say about 25min it stopped i was wondering what was wrong so brung it in to check it over and my spur gear was worn away some.

No idea how that happend as there were no crashes just a few small jumps on a ramp i made,maybe the motor got moved with a few bumps still waiting on my T-bone bumpers,i already checked the screws during my prechecks.

Grounded till monday until i get more spur gears lucky i have my helis to keep me going till then.

Any idea how my spur gear got worn down??

Thanks.

After my esc on my flux blew on 3s i'm after a cheapo replacement combo, are any of the turnigy trackstar combos any good? Tempted by the price.

Been looking at this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42936__Turnigy_TrackStar_Waterproof_1_10_Brushless_Power_System_4250KV_80A_UK_Warehouse_.html and the 3520kv.

I use a turnigy trackstar combo in my 10t, had no problems, and all is running sweet, temps are good aswell. I use a 5200kv with 80a waterproof esc, no need to go overseas to buy, there is a great little ebay shop in uk that sells these.

Ebay shop is called rcstockroom2012, very fast and friendly service, recommend.

Hi there. 

Looking at getting a new rc car to enjoy with my 9 year old son for Christmas and, having read up on it have decided on the E-Firestorm.

I was originally looking at the FTX Vantage/Carnage but, from reading the owners thread, they seem to be quite brittle compared to the Firestorm, even if the parts are pretty cheap.

Originally, I really wanted to build a kit with him rather than just pick up an RTR setup but obviously they don't do this car as a kit.

I can't make my mind up between the Brushed or the Flux version.  On the one hand, the brushed would be ideal for him at this stage of the game but, if I went for the Flux, I could turn down the throttle on the EPA on the transmitter or with a programming card and gradually step it up as his skills improve.

The other option would be to just get the brushed and upgrade later but, when you factor in the price of a decent BL setup, it looks more cost-effective to just start with the Flux in the first place, especially considering I don't need the wall charger or more nimh packs.  I've already got a Ansmann Xbase 2.0 charger which will do lipos and nimh and I have a couple of nimh cells already

I just need to get some of my old stuff on eBay to help fund it (a working Tamiya Astute with a Dynatech 01-R in it and a couple of Mardave Meteors, all with vintage radio equipment).

Any thoughts to help me make up my mind?!