• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Not sure, I always believed that :)

It's just logic really: If you put a large pinion on a motor, it will obviously have a much harder time turning it round than it would turning a small pinion round, hence generating more heat cause the load is heavier.

;)

I have just bought a flux vapor speedo and flux vektor 4800 motor to go in my rustler but due to an incident i received two motors from two different stores.

What i would like to know would it be worth swapping the flux warp 5700 motor out of my sons firestorm with the spare flux vektor motor? Would the performance increase be worth it or would it be best to sell the spare motor?

Neil

The 5700 will be faster than the 4600 but have less torque so up to you which one you want the most

So which one is it?

Hot motor = under geared

Hot ESC = over geared

Hot everything = Way overgeared

Ive just finished bonding my new tyres (dirt paws) for my firestorm and was wondering what people opinons are of running the standard rear ground assults on the front instead of the frontlines?

TBH the front stock ones are pretty good at doing the steering duties. Never seen someone run GA'S on the front but give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Ok ill take the spare rears and try em back to back when i next go out with it and report back :thumbsup:

I'm sticking dirt paws on the front as well soon as I can, can never have to much steering(when the fronts are actually touching terra firma)

Just fitted my T-Bone bumpers, the front went on with no trouble but the rear is only being held on by 2 screws. There's 4 holes but i can only get 2 to line up. Is this right or have i done something wrong. Any help gratefully received

My nearly new e-firestorm (with only 2-3 hours running time since I bought it) is making a clicking noise sometimes when its slowing down. It doesnt always do it, sometimes it will do it for a while then it will be quiet for a while, and it seems quiet under hard accelleration. I've been running on a mixture of grass and hard, but sandy, soil with lots of small stones in it. Batteries are 2S and 3S lipos.

I checked for stones around the spur gear & cover and driveshafts but theres nothing obvious; in any case if a stone had got stuck I'd expect to hear the sound all the time, which I dont.

So, does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this ?

Hence pulling more current from the ESC and making the ESC run hotter, and undergearing the motor makes it spin too fast and generates heat, pulling less current from the ESC as there is less load? My logic :lol:

Hot motor = under geared

Hot ESC = over geared

Hot everything = Way overgeared

Like you wish guys, have it your way! :rolleyes:

What general cleaning/maintenance does everyone do after each session?

Regards

Rob

Good spray of GT85 on all bearings after brushing dust off, chuck back in RC hidy corner so Mrs don't moan. Put kettle on and eat cake!
  • Like 1

Sounds to me like worn driveshafts, where the dogbones meet the cup. I would check there for wear.

Thanks, although I've already checked there and its ok - the truck has run for less than 3 hours since new and there are no signs of wear at all. The noise is intermittent , it will do it for a while then it stops again so its a bit puzzling

Well, I have to say that is interesting indeed.

I would be inclined to say yes, but of course I could be mistaking as well.

I don't have time right now to surf the web looking for the right answers, but for now:

I have always known undergearing to cause hot motors with brushed systems, but generally not with brushless systems where I'd tend to say it's the opposite.

Any guru opinions are welcome of course! :thumbsup: