• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Fitted my t-bone bumpers and wheelie bar today

Using parts bought from the U.S website

1 - [26012-2201] HPI E-Firestorm - Nylon Thrasher Front -NTF-2201 @ $10.95

1 - [26013-2AC02] HPI E-Firestorm - Nylon Monster rear -BM-2AC02 @ $10.95

1 - [80001-1042] 110 ST T-Bar - 80001-1042 @ $11.95

2834.jpg

Tools required T-* torx screwdriver

Front

Remove long 2 screws and remove plate

2823.jpg

Remove the short 2 screws under the plate

2824.jpg

Fit front bumper using screws provided

2825.jpg

Rear

Remove 4 screws

2826.jpg

Fit rear bumper using screws provided

2827.jpg

Wheelie bar

Using screws/spacers/nuts provider fit directly on to rear bumper

2828.jpg2829.jpg

Before

2830.jpg2831.jpg

After

2832.jpg2833.jpg

Edited by stretch

I can get the wheelie bars, but it would take a few weeks, and their not desperately needed, with a well setup vehicle and good trigger finger wheelies can be kept to a minimum...

But if there are other people interested i can order a load in, just didnt see them as a high demand item :) maybe i was wrong :s

They would be a seperate purchase, as a package they wont be available

Edited by Bazzokajoe

I can get the wheelie bars, but it would take a few weeks, and their not desperately needed, with a well setup vehicle and good trigger finger wheelies can be kept to a minimum...

But if there are other people interested i can order a load in, just didnt see them as a high demand item :) maybe i was wrong :s

They would be a seperate purchase, as a package they wont be available

I think you would sell them depending on how much they cost of course :-)

Hi,

No it's not running on stock electronics, it's been upgraded... I'm kinda new to it all, but here is what the eBay listing stated...

hi for sale hpi e firestorm,in very good condition i have fitted the losi xcelleron brushless system motor and esc.also fitted is the losi

2.4ghz steer wheel and reciever pack.it comes with two batteries fitted with deans connectors however these are old and not holding a charge for long could do with a nice lipo battery.i also have a few other batteries i will throw in but again they are old ones

the seller also had the pc programe card and usb interface for the brushless sysytem and should have sent that to you as well you will then need to check the set up of the esc via your computer and change any setting's

the seller also had the pc programe card and usb interface for the brushless sysytem and should have sent that to you as well you will then need to check the set up of the esc via your computer and change any setting's

Yeah he has... i've got a card, but had no idea what it was.... or how to use it! blush.gif

I think the e Firestorm is a great vehicle, but i'm not impressed with the limited gearing options when using a low Kv motor.

The only oem spur available for it is the 87t, which in turn only allows you to fit a pinion of about 21t before you're out of space.

Has anyone found a smaller spur that will fit with or without modification?

I've had to fit a 5700Kv motor when using 21/87 gearing, but would ideally like to fit my 3800Kv motor and gear up.

The only oem spur available for it is the 87t, which in turn only allows you to fit a pinion of about 21t before you're out of space.

The e-firestorm should take up to 24t pinions without problem. I've even run a 25t pinion although the mesh was admittedly very tight.

yeah, there's no way I can fit anything larger than a 21t. If I used a 22t it would be a tight mesh.

Ideally i'm looking for a spur of 80t or under as i'm looking at gearing 25/80 or higher.

I could hack at the motor mount but i'd rather just do it with a spur change.

Must be down to the hole positions on your motor then. I'm running an Ezrun clone at the moment and there's plenty of room. I also have a Castle motor on the way. The Ezrun motor has 3 holes, but you can only use two of them on the e-firestorm. I think the castle may have more holes which might allow for slightly different placements.

I'm sure I've read that you can convert to 32p spur and pinions for more gearing options. Perhaps even nitro firestorm 50t spur?

As for TBR bumpers mentioned previously, I fitted them with the supplied screws and ended up with a damaged motor because the screws were too long and almost drilled through the motor. Fortunately, I was still on the stock brushed motor at the time and had a spare anyway. New brushed motors are only

@Mrhavana... You had me running into my bedroom to inspect my motor as I also fitted a tbr bumper/wheelie bar. Upon inspection though i've used 2 long hex screws and the 2 short stock hex screws to mount it so haven't caused any damage. Lol

Joe.. Done a bit of asking around and a few people have suggested the same so i've ordered some.

I'll post my experience here when i've done it for the benefit of others who want to use a lower Kv motor.

Cheers.