• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I miss being able to donut since I've had the Badlands. At least the stock tyres are good for that if nowt else.

Hardpack dirt with a nice loose top suface and you can doughnut to your hearts content! Get back on the grass and wheelies ahoy! Love these dirt paws.

Hardpack dirt with a nice loose top suface and you can doughnut to your hearts content! Get back on the grass and wheelies ahoy! Love these dirt paws.

Sounds good to me:D

Stretch - Im 200 milles away :*(

Tbonz (F&R) on there way :)

Oooo I'm liking some of these wheel and type combo's - I cud do with some better grip, as spend my life going round in circles LOL

Yeah i broke one of those ball connectors, right by the rear diff cup :/ wasn't even a bad landing either

I can highly recommend the rpm arms, my dd comes home intact mist trips now, the profile bug shell helps too

You should've got some toe links with your car, like the 2 longer links here:

IMAG0125.jpg

They go at the back of the chassis the screws that hold them in are the ones that hold the gear casing in place I believe, it's easier to look at it, it just changes the angle of the arms, I will get some more pictures if you like?

Hope it helps,

Cam

You should've got some toe links with your car, like the 2 longer links here:

IMAG0125.jpg

They go at the back of the chassis the screws that hold them in are the ones that hold the gear casing in place I believe, it's easier to look at it, it just changes the angle of the arms, I will get some more pictures if you like?

Hope it helps,

Cam

TBH I may have just overlooked those in the box, got a bit giddy when I opened it! lol Will have to dig them out, cheers Cam.

Just finished my first cable-tie stitching session on the shell! All ready for this afternoons bash, my FS, the boys slash 4x4 and my mates 2wd slash..... let the carnage commence in a banger stylee!

• Like 1

Lol! I'll have to turn the punch down on the ESC I think if I wanna donut! As soon as I gas it, the nose goes skyward at the moment! :D

Yeah , i may try badlands later in the year , let me know what you think :D

After a few weeks use, they're highly recommended. Even on wet grass the Storm will wheelie. :good: I've got a 17t pinion to compensate for the larger tyre walls but the car barely gets warm so I'm gonna try it in stock gearing once the weather sorts itself out.

I must say, your firestorm does look beast with them tyres! pure awesomeness

Cheers Roo. :good:

To everyone running on 3s, what gearing are you all using? Currently I'm using 17t pinion and stock spur. Speaking of spur gears, where can I get anything other than the stock size?

Just finished my first cable-tie stitching session on the shell! All ready for this afternoons bash, my FS, the boys slash 4x4 and my mates 2wd slash..... let the carnage commence in a banger stylee!

I have done this and i find it works ok but not great , I have a frankinstorm also did yours split from wheelys ?

Heated a very small screwdriver up over a candle, pushed it through the shell and jobs a good un, tidy hole, no cracks!

That works a treat

After a few weeks use, they're highly recommended. Even on wet grass the Storm will wheelie. :good: I've got a 17t pinion to compensate for the larger tyre walls but the car barely gets warm so I'm gonna try it in stock gearing once the weather sorts itself out.

Same with dirt paws even on 2s after 3 hours of rain like yesterday :D I may invest :D

Cheers Roo. :good:

To everyone running on 3s, what gearing are you all using? Currently I'm using 17t pinion and stock spur. Speaking of spur gears, where can I get anything other than the stock size?

For the spur gear, you will have to mod it with a different spur gear shaft I believe, look on the front page, I think Damo done a guide on it :good:

Just a quick thankyou to everyone who helped me with my questions earlier this week. My e-firestorm has arrived and because I couldnt decide which battery to go for I bought one 2S and one 3S, both Overlander 3900mah's from modelsport. The awful weather this weekend hasnt helped but I've had a couple of runs and boy is it fast - on 2S is quick, on 3S I could hardly keep the front wheels on the ground at the local park :D. On 2S is slightly faster than my sons merv but on 3S it just bltzes it

Having said that I managed to have a lot of fun just bashing around on the wet grass in the back garden, even on 3S , so am probably going to stick with 3S from now on - its more of a handful but also a lot more fun too. I havent been to our local bashing spot yet which is some clearings in a local woodland so will hold off buying any more batteries until I've tried it there just in case 3S really is too much

Its even more fun and a lot faster than my nitro Savage, which is pretty quick anyway, so much so I'm thinking even more of selling the Savage and buying an HP one instead :)

I've also ordered some t-bones from the states as NLB are out of stock and not planning to get any more in for a while as Bazzokajoe is studying. I just need some dry weather next weekend....

• Like 1

Just a quick thankyou to everyone who helped me with my questions earlier this week. My e-firestorm has arrived and because I couldnt decide which battery to go for I bought one 2S and one 3S, both Overlander 3900mah's from modelsport. The awful weather this weekend hasnt helped but I've had a couple of runs and boy is it fast - on 2S is quick, on 3S I could hardly keep the front wheels on the ground at the local park :D. On 2S is slightly faster than my sons merv but on 3S it just bltzes it

Having said that I managed to have a lot of fun just bashing around on the wet grass in the back garden, even on 3S , so am probably going to stick with 3S from now on - its more of a handful but also a lot more fun too. I havent been to our local bashing spot yet which is some clearings in a local woodland so will hold off buying any more batteries until I've tried it there just in case 3S really is too much

Its even more fun and a lot faster than my nitro Savage, which is pretty quick anyway, so much so I'm thinking even more of selling the Savage and buying an HP one instead :)

I've also ordered some t-bones from the states as NLB are out of stock and not planning to get any more in for a while as Bazzokajoe is studying. I just need some dry weather next weekend....

Sounds sickk , they are great fun , i run the same 3s battery's in both my cars :D , t bones help no end !

That fan will die if you run the ESC as-is on 3s. The way to get around it is to desolder the power leads for the fan on the ESC, and solder them to a plug for the receiver (just the red and black wires on the receiver plug) and that'll mean it'll get a steady 6v no matter what input voltage to the ESC.

Or you can cut them into the red and black wires from the ESC to the RX I've heard.

I've got the same ESC in my Storm, but I ordered a 12v EZRun fan off of eBay for

Edited by Joe Tosh

Concerning tire questions here, I'm pretty pleased with the Proline Gladiators.

Grip is awesome with wheelies on grass but also nice to control in oversteer on loose surfaces.

PL-8170-01_Proline-Gladiator-2-M2-22.jpg

They do balloon quite a lot though, so taping them is recommended. Can't go back on mine, they're glued now.

• Like 1