• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

:D

The shifts adjust for first to 2ed Gear is only accessible once the box is open.

The shift from 2ed to 3ed is as usual from the access hole on the outside.

Its pre set from factory for the 25, so for your .28, you will need to tweak.

As your building from scratch, not much of an inconvenience for you to do during build, just delay 1 to 2 a bit, not much, just a bit.

I have posed a video on adjusting the 3 speed ages ago, have a look it may help, clear things up.

nah u need to change the 1st - 2nd shift (it shifts so quick u can't hear it!) and to do so u need to open the box, u might have to adjust the 2nd-3rd shift but thats outside like yer 2 speed so its no probs

don't worry its easy to open the box and change it, instruction are clear. I did it in 10mins and it was the first time I'd even seen the inside of a gearbox lol

just delay the shift half a turn thats what i did, some peeps say 3/4 but I thought it was too late, like I said the 1st gear is meant to be shortish jus to get the power up - hpi customer service called it a 'launch gear' lol and boy is that what it does!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lmao confused!!!!.... .com (lol)

il sort it out when i get it here.

I told u this yesterday lukis,

its Ben's fault :smilies_eusasmiles2: not reading a thread properly, confusin y'all

The shift adjustment is obscured by the gear, extra hole in the box immaterial.

From the hpi comments about the new sav x gear box, Iv looked at the part numbers and pictures of gears in the manuals, things aren’t what they seem.

oh yeh it is I forgot thats y u have take it out, the clutch holder thing sits inside the actual gear so drilling a hole would be pointless

th video doesnt work, well rcpics is being ghey as usual and wont load

so your saying even with an extra hole, i still wont be able to change the shift point as one of the gears is in the way. hmmm. how come the new savage x has three holes on the side? lol

The shift adjustment is obscured by the gear, extra hole in the box immaterial.

From the hpi comments about the new sav x gear box, Iv looked at the part numbers and pictures of gears in the manuals, things aren’t what they seem.

so your saying even with an extra hole, i still wont be able to change the shift point as one of the gears is in the way. hmmm. how come the new savage x has three holes on the side? lol

I'm not sure about the sav x but on the 3 speed the holder sits in the gear and is held there by a grub screw, drilling a hole in the box would do nothing but show u cogs

don't worry u'll soon see ;)

found this today of another photoshoped one by me. made it a while ago now. as u can tell

i have also just spoken to josh at je spares on mesenger and he said you can perfectly dril la hole in the case and be able to adjust it that way

sorry dude hes wrong

I'm 100% sure u can't, I only adjusted the 1-2 shift once and remember having to remove the c holder from within the gear so I could get the allan key in, it would be impossible to access it on the outside of the cog let alone the gear box casing!.

Yes the info about the sav x, and having looked at the new manual for the sav x had my eye brows razed.

All is not as it appears.

HPI have a list of interchangeable parts, the gear box is one of them, they make it sound that, it’s the same except for easier access, I.e. case, but comparing the internals, all the gears, from that 2 speed and the normal 2 speed has some discrepancies.

In this respect Hpi are misleading.

One of the gears that’s different is the 39 tooth, they have redesigned it together with several associated parts

I haven’t had time to look at it further to see what parts we need to upgrade our 3 speed boxes, but to be honest im not bothered, once the 1 to 2 is set, forget about it.

Hell I hardly touch my 2 to 3; in fact I don’t any more lol.

xactly, once its st its set. but its just anoying when ur setting it up. if its wrong out it comes. i rekon i might by that easy out transmission case any way. tis goof r stripped spurs.

yes it is

why not email hpi now and ask? they'll get back to u tomoro and u can tell us what they've said here.