• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1st elec buggy for 12year old

nitrojunkie_69

hi all, my step son is wanting to try his first real buggy, and im not sure what to get him, seen a few, but im into nitro so not up on the elec side of things, i only have around 150 to play with,a kit or rtr,any ideas?4wd preffered

Edited by nitrojunkie_69

how about this one mate , right on budget but i heard good things about them,, i never used one but seem good

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item336599b855

or as the above post says ,, the e firestorm but they are only 119 not 180

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?CategoryID=9900&SubCategoryID=990010&ManufacturerID=18&ChassisID=474

Edited by dazj10

2WD, HPI E-Firestorm and spend the rest of the money on Vapextech 7.2v stick pack batteries.

4WD, Maverick Strada XB Evo, and spend the rest of the money on Vapextech 7.2v stick pack batteries.

:good:

yes the blast is very good has some kinks to work out but very good car with handling to match so wont crash it too much hopefully;)

if you convert it to brushless later be sure to shimm the diffs as the rear diffs came a little loose but otherwise go of it:good:

Alex

Edited by FRANA

Firestorm doesn't need upgrades really, just give it more power when the drivers ready. the Blast is well equiped as standard but there aren't many upgrades. Maverick is a beginner car so not many upgrades avalible.

Edited by lorrylemming

im temped towards the maverick,lrb or caster,as long as we can fit std buggy wheels n tyres or off set,as we norm bash on grass,il get him some pl v2 s n angle spikes

I just got the HPI E-firestorm yesterday from modelsport, they price matched with ebay at £108.99! Was dead chuffed! Been bashing it like crazy and hasn't let me down yet! The only thing i did notice was when i had a little bump reversing(Forgot that the controls reversed when reversing) And the motor had moved due to the bolts not been too tight so just moved motor pinion back to the spur and all was well :)

With everything though just check bolt/screw tightness after every bash session. It's running on 8.4v 3300 mah batteries i get about 15-20 minutes when i'm caning the throttle and i got about 30 minutes yesterday when i was just letting it all get settled and i got used to it. But honestly it's fantastic! Plenty of hop-ups available at good prices and it is pretty indestructible. The motor is quick! I was surprised that how fast it was considering it isn't all singing and dancing brushless.. I had it on the 'banks' big grassed hilly area behind me and it was fantastic jumped over everything no problem climbed the hill no problem flipped it and cartwheeled so many times and it didn't affect a thing! I Could say a lot more but i won't bore you.

Edited by Jakey