• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Uber HD Drive system

KieranBolton

The guys at Uber have something up their sleeve that they are ready to show the baja community. Your looking at the first image of their new HD Ball Drive System for your HPI Baja 5b, 5t, 5sc, SS. This is the first of its kind that we have seen produced for the baja and we are excited to get more information on these and find out how well they work for the hard bashers etc.

Nothing more about these are known but LSN is on the case and we will report back and update this post as we learn more. I am sure TGN will be offering these units once they are available for purchase.

uber3.jpg

Source: LSN (Large Scale News)

the idea is that there are no pins to snap. but i can see the bb's getting crushed quickly

i know these are used on 1:1 cars as the cv joints on fwd cars but i cant see them lasting on a rc

Edited by howie87

the balls are cheap to buy off ebay. i just hope the balls supplied with these are better than the ones in ubers bearing kits.

But they are alot better than dog bones. and should give you alot less slack.

Edited by cerbrus2

bet that'll be fiddly when it comes to installing/servicing. it'll probably work decent enough, especially compared to the cvd systems out there. at least both ends get the same treatment. all the cvd's for the baja are one-ended, seems kinda pointless to me that.

bet that'll be fiddly when it comes to installing/servicing. it'll probably work decent enough, especially compared to the cvd systems out there. at least both ends get the same treatment. all the cvd's for the baja are one-ended, seems kinda pointless to me that.

there one ended because as the suspension compresses the end with the pin sildes along the cup. its cheaper to do it thats was than to make slideing drive sahfts

there one ended because as the suspension compresses the end with the pin sildes along the cup. its cheaper to do it thats was than to make slideing drive sahfts

oh i know why they did it, but if your gunna charge a mint for cvd's then why not do it properly? tbh like i said it kind of defeats the purpose if one end is a standard dogbone

These are designed with high powered engines in mind so should be very good with stock engines, lol

Fg and other branded rc may have been around for awhile but not for hpi baja, fg ones won't fit a hpi baja as the diff are different.

The "normal" dogbones with pins are good but pins do snap and cups can break or get damaged.....work out the price of aftermarket heavy dury diff cups/drive cups and dogbones, lol

The theory behind these IMO is very good.....be interesting to hear from testers and see some results.

Only problem I have is if pins on dogbones are weak point and uber have "solved" the weak point then where on drive train is the weak point moved too?? I'd rather have a weak point that's easy to access and fairly cheap to fix rather then say, inside the gearbox or example. Would the weak point be the balls???

Just my 2cents

Alot of people moan not enough hop ups and stuff in uk/Europe for our rc and when someone develops and/or brings to Market something new it makes me laugh when they get hated on......maybe wait for some feedback and more info before people slam him??? Pmsl

ive had two spurs go. my first pinion bolt was last weekend only ran for 10 mins:(. my own falt tried to correct a jump to late and landed on power

Check dogbone pins and cups then, lol landing jumps on power with damage them