• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WANTED: Gorilla Snawt

Stock_Nitro

Hello All,

I've spent roughly the last 3 weeks waiting for some to come from US ebay, the first shipment seems to have been lost in the postal system and the second still doesn't look like it's even left the US post office from the tracking website.

Does anyone have a spare tube or some leftover that I can purchase/have?

I just need enough to coat the front and rear E-Revo diffs and to coat the gears in the gearbox.

Please let me know, this is delaying my build and doing my head in :helpsmilie:

Might be worth giving these guys a try.

http://rocksmithengineering.com/Gearjelly.html

I used to use Gorilla snawt on everything RC, problem i've found though is after a few runs the grease turns into a liquid and losses it's ability to stick to the gears.

Been using Rockjelly for most of 2010 and i would not go back to Gorilla snawt :thumbsup:

Thanks Cbr, if I still had no joy I was going to come and ask you what the red stuff that you use is ;)

$29 including shipping is a little more than I hoped to spend on it though :confused:

Edited by Stock_Nitro

Thanks Cbr, if I still had no joy I was going to come and ask you what the red stuff that you use is ;)

$29 including shipping is a little more than I hoped to spend on it though :confused:

Aye shipping is a bugger direct, i pretty sure i ended up buying mine from a on-line shop i'll look through my Paypal history and let you know :thumbsup:

Ok found it, i bought mine from here.

http://www.team3sixrc.com/apps/webstore/products/show/899426

Shipping is a bit cheaper at $10, but it still comes to $26 all in though, so not much difference really.

If you want some fantastic grease quickly, nip into your local garage and ask em if you can buy a plastic cup scoop of mobile 1 synthetic grease.

http://www.mobiloil.com/usa-english/motoroil/other_products/mobil_1_synthetic_grease.aspx

All these snawts and jellys are great, but mobile 1 will do 80% as good a job for a fraction of the price.

Only thing is you might need to replace the grease a little more regular than the other 2, but i doubt they'll charge you, if they do it'll only be a few quid for a plastic cup scoop full.

Check it is mobile 1 grease though, as other petroleum based greases will damage any plastic gears over time, softening them up and making them swell slightly.

I use the Ansmann Hi-Speed red stuff but not very much so still got 3/4 left. Although I know it's thick and sticky

to start with, not really had long enough use to test it's durability and resistance to thinning out.

Thanks Smoothybb, was there a reason you went with their high speed grease rather than the Molybdenum type?

I can't really find any details about them or reviews saying what's different, but "Molybdenum" element on Wikipedia sounds like good stuff!

Edited by Stock_Nitro

I use the Ansmann Hi-Speed red stuff but not very much so still got 3/4 left. Although I know it's thick and sticky

to start with, not really had long enough use to test it's durability and resistance to thinning out.

i use the ansmann stuff too, seems to do the job but the smell just makes me gag :(

Thanks Smoothybb, was there a reason you went with their high speed grease rather than the Molybdenum type?

I can't really find any details about them or reviews saying what's different, but "Molybdenum" element on Wikipedia sounds like good stuff!

Not really mate, just needed some thick grease, it was that or 100K oil.

Can't really give a review or recommendation as the MT it was for screwed up soon after.sad.gif

Still looking for some Gorilla Snawt.

My tube finally came through on Saturday and I managed to lube up the gearbox properly and then it promptly ran out 3/4 way around the front diff outer gears, so i've still got a dry rear diff.

Anyone got a tube or even half a tube lying around? even scraps from a 1 or 2oZ tub would probably be enough!

Many Thanks