• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

.25 or .28

Cortez

Right, im either going to stick with me .25 in my savage 25 L/E, or sell that and buy a sts .28 to put in it.

If i stick with the .25 i would buy load for it (Pull start, Nova Head, HD everyting). Im hovering between two ideas! Slightly going with the .25, but i want your opinions lol!

What more Advantages does the sts .28 have, because i would have to upgrade all my dogbones to HD and thet would mean more spending! and plus, i havnt had this one that long!

:helpsmilie: lol!

I Love my .25 but there are a few problems, head has a fin loose, carb is loose! Should i stick with me .25 and fix these?

Cheers :)

if you are happy with the power from the 25 then keep it and use the cash on upgrades for your savage but if you feel that you could use more power then get a sts 28 i did and would never go back to a 25.plus the sts is a great engine and very cheap.if it was me i would get the sts as its one less thing to upgrade later on :good:

Well its something to keep my mind busy for a while, thinking what to do! Im slightly swung towards keeping the .25, but im not sure yet. Will keep you all updated lol! Ill probably need help anyway!

Anyway cheers!

Chris

keep the 25. you need to learn a lot more about the truck tha what yo already know from what i can gather. a /28 will give you more problems. you need to start doing things in precition,(diffs etc). the whole drive train will need to be upgraded. youl need a decent clutch system, youd need a new clutch bell and spur gear to gear it down. youd need a new exhuast pipe.

theres a lot more you need to get than what meets the eye when buying a higher displacment engine ;)

keep the 25. you need to learn a lot more about the truck tha what yo already know from what i can gather. a /28 will give you more problems. you need to start doing things in precition,(diffs etc). the whole drive train will need to be upgraded. youl need a decent clutch system, youd need a new clutch bell and spur gear to gear it down. youd need a new exhuast pipe.

theres a lot more you need to get than what meets the eye when buying a higher displacment engine ;)

Cheers mate :good:

Keep the .25, enjoy and learn all the ins and outs of your truck.

Whilst running the 25, you can gradually upgrade the LE to what ever specification you whish, and at a pace you can afford, then once the truck its self has been upped to your desired specification, then you can buy a .28+ if you whish.

If you wanted to sell the .25 to offset the cost, remember that a second hand engine will never demand and hi price, whether it’s had 2.5 or 25 litters of fuel

So enjoy the 25, its no couch potato, and upgrade at your leisure.

;)

:) i put a sts in my sav25 and the only bits i did was the 4diff mod and the twin braeks and its still going well now.but if you are new to the savage maybe it would be best just to keep the 25 and get use to it first plus the 25 engine is a top engine anyway :good:

:) i put a sts in my sav25 and the only bits i did was the 4diff mod and the twin braeks and its still going well now.but if you are new to the savage maybe it would be best just to keep the 25 and get use to it first plus the 25 engine is a top engine anyway :good:

ive had my sav le about 2 months and she goes great, but at the time of buying i was undecided to buy the ss or le, , i bought the le, anyway ive now bought a sts.28 only 83 quid inc del so if your happy with your sav 25 and eating dust as i overtake then keep your sav25