• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

Losi one works perfectly.

I've no doubt 'The Dude' mount will be of excellent quality - I have the motor mount for the recently purchased 1717 1650 kV XO-1 motor I've just installed. It's SOLID!!  1/4" (6.xxx mm) thick!!

Al.

Currently on the losi conversion kit

But changed my mind on the twin speed

Getting the dude mount and selling the conversion kit to get some funds back

Great choice, I ran the losi conversion kit on a E LST2, soon sold it and bought the TDRacing single speed hub and mount. Click my build thread in signature, page one for the losi mount compared to the TDRacing mount.  The TDRacing gear is solid.

• 2 weeks later...

That's mine after 3 months' BL / LiPo use after perhaps 2 years' nitro - used it at least twice a month since I bought it Xmas 2007.

It is FASTER with the current (no pun intended) set up, but has lost some character no longer being nitro.

Something to look forward to!!

No, I had no problems with all of that snow, but reckoned it was better to stop whilst I was still 'winning'!!

Al.

I considered keeping the mechanical brake, but ditched it for a single speed and using the motor.

Works a treat - pick-up is phenomenal and top unreal ....

Balance much better than before... too stable almost and I have to work it to get a wheely.

If I had spare, I'd get a nitro 'spare' as I miss it .... a bit!!

Al.

Still available to purchase...but not the deals people where getting previously on ebay...

http://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=8298&virtuemart_category_id=127

Parts are getting a little harder to come by but if you don't mind the shipping costs then there is still quite a large american following of the truck!

There's a couple of the standard shorter wheelbase Raminators - basic LST1 parts on it, single speed and no reverse.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Losi-Raminator-Monster-Truck-RC-Auto-4WD-1-8-RTR-LOSB0020-CJ-/251143682609?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item3a79547a31

Al.

The XXL really dropped in sales, it sucks though, I love mine.....Traxxas is killing the other brands when it comes to advertising, some noobs don't know of the other brands. Horizon Hobby is planning on revamping their RC brand line up; ECX for lower priced entry level rigs, Vaterra for bashers and Losi for racers. I wonder what HH will do about their micro line up, keep them under Losi or move them to one of their others?

Edited by SchrodeMode