• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

Took the xxl out today!! Ran brilliantly after 3 years in storage with no after run oil!!

I loaded the diffs with 5k oil and it really handled well!

Might need heavier shock oil than stock.. but will give it another go and decide then!

Best part.... no broken bits!!!

Also forgot how I love the smell of nitro lol!!

Never had the HD ones to compare to but they're great quality and once shimmed are great, 

Look good too ;)

IMG_0323.jpg

Just bought a pair, as a back-up.

I've uprated my E-Ram to 6S BL and might be needing to repair some parts fairly soon ..... !!!

Thanks for the link. Seemed one of those 'too good to be true prices', but worth a punt I reckon.

Al.

Took the xxl out today!! Ran brilliantly after 3 years in storage with no after run oil!!

I loaded the diffs with 5k oil and it really handled well!

Might need heavier shock oil than stock.. but will give it another go and decide then!

Best part.... no broken bits!!!

Also forgot how I love the smell of nitro lol!!

Thats good to hear, mine has been under the bed for almost 2 years lol, might have to get it out soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thats good to hear, mine has been under the bed for almost 2 years lol, might have to get it out soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yep...I gave mine a good service before I took it out! However one of the best things I did was refresh the fuel line with new ones and clean the tank. My friend had his Savage...which was in storage.His was p*ssing fuel out every orifice! lol 

• 4 weeks later...

Won't be much of a problem.

Adjustment isn't difficult.

My LST2 spec Raminator weighs ~7kg - alloy, carbon, roll cage, etc. ....- that weight won't have helped, but I've solved it permanently - its brushless.

Some character is definitely lost, but it's easier to use now.

Al.

Yeah, I've toyed with the idea of it being brushless and the expense puts me off. However playing with my sons electric RC bores me! (I know brushless is a different league). The things I love about my RC is the tinkering, the faff of starting the car up and then hearing it rip! The noise and the smell keeps me addicted! 

Not weighed my truck but I'm sure it won't be far off that if not heavier as its the XXL. 

• Like 1

T'is a shame about the LST Forums, I had posts on there as did Chris (78.8) which are now gone forever...  :(

My LST2 is in the shed, a non-runner... I "E" converted ot but missed the Nitro sound and smell so sold the ESC and motor but haven't gotten around to putting an engine back in it. I will one day.

I am liking the convenience of the BL / LiPo conversion, but I do get where you're coming from.

The LST is (was, .....) probably the best nitro truck around.

I did enjoy the nitro sound, but just didn't have time for all of the cleaning, tuning and servicing.

Al.

T'is a shame about the LST Forums, I had posts on there as did Chris (78.8) which are now gone forever...  :(

My LST2 is in the shed, a non-runner... I "E" converted ot but missed the Nitro sound and smell so sold the ESC and motor but haven't gotten around to putting an engine back in it. I will one day.

Same here, there were some really helpful people on there! Plus the library was brilliant with tips and tricks. 

I am liking the convenience of the BL / LiPo conversion, but I do get where you're coming from.

The LST is (was, .....) probably the best nitro truck around.

I did enjoy the nitro sound, but just didn't have time for all of the cleaning, tuning and servicing.

Al.

I know what you mean...my RC car is way low down on my priority list...however it being nitro is still the reason I still want to play with it. Its the whole faff of setting it all up that makes it fun for me. If the car worked perfect every time, and did have its quirks...then it would be seriously boring for me!

got an lst2 converted form an aftershock, after it sitting in pieces for a couple of years, finally got it back together.

whats the best option for a rx pack?

i normally use some life packs, but they wont fit in the battery tray. im thinking a normal 6 cell rx pack wont suffice, as i put two digi steering servos.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the 'Some of my Friends' thread in General, and my 'Gallery'.

That's what I use on my E-Ram.

It's full LST2 option spec.

Al.

Edited by atom3624