• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

Jabba did you get a new clear gigante body and make your own mount holes. I bought a blue gigante body from a 5.9 XL and there is 1cm difference between the mount holes. As I said above I can use the long mount posts and get it fitted but both of the posts are strained. Just wanted confirmation that the XL mount holes (35cm) are too short for an alza xl flux (36cm). I cannot really put another set of holes 1cm from the original mount holes. I think I will need to get a new body and make my own mount holes unless anyone has any suggestions?

Cheers

Phil

hi mate mine measures 35 cm between body posts, and yes it was a clear gigante body i bought,i used the stock hole position in the shell.

S1030001_zpsbedd5350.jpg

hi mate mine measures 35 cm between body posts, and yes it was a clear gigante body i bought,i used the stock hole position in the shell.

Cheers for the info. Iv'e got the flm bulkheads and shock towers. Going to swap them over for a couple of stock ones I have from my other build. Thinking the flm shocktowers are responsible for the extra 1cm difference. I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers

Phil

Ok so I fitted a stock flux bulkhead and shock tower to the alza XL tvp's and it turns out the combination of FLM 43000 shocktowers and FLM 40010 XL hybrid bulkhead add 5mm to the body mount position. So one either end gives me an extra 1cm. Looks like I will have to get a new shell. Anybody else using these bulkheads/towers confirm the offset? Did I mount something wrong?

Cheers

Phil

Anyone know of some really cheap baja wheels that I could use on my flux build I'm thinking 24mm hex has to be the way to go.

Oh and with tyres if possible looking for new though not used the only ones I've found so far are

Edited by fatboyneil

Ok so I fitted a stock flux bulkhead and shock tower to the alza XL tvp's and it turns out the combination of FLM 43000 shocktowers and FLM 40010 XL hybrid bulkhead add 5mm to the body mount position. So one either end gives me an extra 1cm. Looks like I will have to get a new shell. Anybody else using these bulkheads/towers confirm the offset? Did I mount something wrong?

Cheers

Phil

I'm using the flm towers on my toxic monster :)

Still using the same shell with same posts so I'd say the problem lies with the bulkheads.

Mainly running on 4s, it's fast enough for me but have ran it on 6s once, cost me some tyres.

tyres aren't cheap, think ill be running on 6s as ive a new 1480kv motor

Is anyone running a hitec 7955tg in their savage flux xl?

Yep I have one in my Flux XL build. Not been out in the wild yet. Waiting on FLM extended arm 11mm driveshafts to arrive but the servo is setup and working with Goliath tyres mounted. I have the hitec programmer too. Using it with a Spektrum DX4S radio and SR410 receiver. What do you want to know?

Cheers

Phil