• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LST XXL experiences with this model?

dtokez

I dont think many have the XXL yet but it is very similar to the LST2,i have had a few of them,still have one at the moment and they are a good Monster Truck,one of the best in my opinion :good: the 2 speed gearbox is good once the reverse is removed as it can cause problems,having said that ihave known a few guys that have left the reverse in and not had problems. :confused:

Looking at options for a truck / truggy and I'm wondering what people think of the XXL.

is the 2 speed gear box ok, or is it just something else to go wrong?

cheers :good:

Fantastic truck best nitro truck on the market in my opinion very good quality,easy to work on ,fast and loads of parts available from model shops and ebay

This vid shows how strong the truck is in stock form

Hmmmm, an interesting question as I have just bought one.

I think it's imortant to mention that quality control on the rtr car is low. Out of the box you would be mad to run it without stripping it down and checking it all over first. If you check the LST forums it's known to be hit and miss out of the box. Some are sent out without grease in the diffs/transmission. Locktite is missing on some important screws etc etc.

The end result is you run the car out of the box and within a few tanks it will be dead from chewed diffs and bent drive shafts.

However, if you spend some time stripping it down and checking things are greased and locktited, it's a different story. You shouldn't have any problems.

They are a treat to work on. So easy. Diff removal is fast as you only have to remove 6 screws per diff and it just slides out. Having spent 5hrs on Saturday night working on mine I have to say it was a pleasure. So much easier than my ST. Parts are widely available although mostly from American sites. Hop ups are also plentiful.

As a basher it's immense. It's as quick as an ST and it's twice the size! I was so impressed with my mates car, I went and bought one myself.

There is a guy in eBay selling them for

Mostly from the states, although google might help you source UK based sellers.

Ordering smaller items is ok, but larger ones is expensive. For a set of wheels you have to pay

Hmmmm, an interesting question as I have just bought one.

I think it's imortant to mention that quality control on the rtr car is low. Out of the box you would be mad to run it without stripping it down and checking it all over first. If you check the LST forums it's known to be hit and miss out of the box. Some are sent out without grease in the diffs/transmission. Locktite is missing on some important screws etc etc.

The end result is you run the car out of the box and within a few tanks it will be dead from chewed diffs and bent drive shafts.

However, if you spend some time stripping it down and checking things are greased and locktited, it's a different story. You shouldn't have any problems.

They are a treat to work on. So easy. Diff removal is fast as you only have to remove 6 screws per diff and it just slides out. Having spent 5hrs on Saturday night working on mine I have to say it was a pleasure. So much easier than my ST. Parts are widely available although mostly from American sites. Hop ups are also plentiful.

As a basher it's immense. It's as quick as an ST and it's twice the size! I was so impressed with my mates car, I went and bought one myself.

There is a guy in eBay selling them for

• 4 weeks later...

the xxls are well worth the money but ive had a lil prob wid mine the engine wont turn over the roto start wont turn it ova aswell so i got a allien key and turned the engine ova and it got stuck has any 1 had this problem b4 ???