• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fastrax allstart universal vs smd evo starter box

RC_Ollie

Hi

I dont know what starter box to get between the fastrax allstart universal or the smd evo?

the only reason I dont go for the smd is because I would like to have a glow plug output.

what should I get and why?

thanks

Hi

I dont know what starter box to get between the fastrax allstart universal or the smd evo?

the only reason I dont go for the smd is because I would like to have a glow plug output.

what should I get and why?

thanks

Why?

OK. Well you could mod an SMD to fit a glow plug output. But thats a headache.

I would still recommend a 2nd hand king starter box.

I'm not too sure about the allstart, but im sure someone on here must have one.

Hi mate you can get an allstart with the glow plug socket on have a look on fleabay. I bought the one without as I didnt realise they were different. I would say go with the smd or the kingstarter if you can afford the extra as the allstart is not realy big enough for a truggy IMHO I have however managed to get two side pegs in it. It turns a .28 engine and a pico .21 easy once you get the wheels lined up . I was ready to sell mine on before I managed to get the pegs in.

daz

• 4 months later...

hi im just about to buy the Fastrax AllStart Universal Starter Box SMD Nitro UK

i have a hyper 7 .28 and thats all it will be used for ,

im quessing by watyching the video you can attach the jump leads straight to your car and start it up that way , it has 2x 550 motors in it ,

will this be enough and last long enough for me does anyone know , i no hard racer or off road champion , just pull cords broke and im sick of pulling my lungs out when i use it