• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

thunder tiger mta4 S28 engine help

fuddy-mucker

Hi everyone, its been a while since my last visit due to financial and housing changes etc. 

My last post was about 5-6 months ago when my 6 month old mta4 S28's engine had seized. 

I managed to "un-seize" the engine due to rust on the lower internal parts it was subsequently stripped and cleaned and then re-assembled. 

now it  turns over with lots of  compression and seems okay. Except on one part of the rotation of the engine it appear to "stick" as if there is rust in the bigger main ball bearing race in the bottom of the crank case. so having googled all over the place i can't find this standalone bearing so... fear my engine is duff. theres also wear to the piston liner. 

can anyone point me in the right direction for a new s28 engine (not bothered for the s50 engine as I just want to get it running again correctly)

and a screw set for the whole truck?

if anyone has a spare "known to be working in good condition engine" I may well be interested pro 28bdr however. 

Thanks in advance

Rob

Thanks guys,

Ive seen the complete engine on ebay at 104 quid. That would be the easiest option bar none as all i would have to do is strip n seal it with hylomar engine sealent and reassemble and tune and break in.

Having thought about it, this would probably be the best option as my current cylinder line has signs of scoring too.

I have looked around for that bug ball bearing race for the crankshaft inside the crankcasing but cant find where i can buy just that bearing from.

Although... i have found this!

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/gt.html

A steel spur gear for the s28!! No more plastic breaking lol!

Rc10 gt machine steel spur with clutch bell. Should fit shouldnt it?

Thanks rob