• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help required with Tamiya truck and mfu-03

rcl33

This is my first scale build and all went well until setting up the mfu. I am a little confused about what transmitter is best, I purchased a 2.4g flysky ct6b mainly for the manual trims.  I have attempted to pair this with the mfu but can only seem to get limited movement,mainly forward and reverse no steering atall  (servo tested and working fine). lights seem to be very random, . All help is greatly appreceiated and if anyone local enough could help that would be fantastic. 

From what I remember, the mfu was a pain to set up anyway but....

The radio you have, is it sticks or pistol type? Guessing sticks.

Now in the manual it had a list of what goes where into the mfu, so basically it's the cheapest and easiest solution is to unplug everything from the mfu and start again from scratch, do the trucks basic functions first, throttle, reverse and steering then gear change etc. and test every time you do a section of functions.

Another thing to remember is the channels on your radio could be different to the labels on the plugs for mfu.

Could be wrong but 1 is steering, 2 is throttle, 3 would be lights/ horn and 4 would be gear change but check on your radio, I'm going off the older acoms 4channel sets I started out with.

Hi  Thanks Big Gaz. After more searching and watching a video posted on here, I think Even though this radio has stick and manual trim the trim is still digital rather than analog. I have already tried restarting from scratch. Time to bite the bullet and go and buy a fm system (if I can locate one)

That is correct but I spoke to modelsport on saturday, and was advised that the carson works fine with the mfu-01 but I would be "banging my head against the wall" trying to pair it with the euro mfu-03. They have sold me a planet rc 5ch transmitter that they asure me works perfectly.  Time will tell,expecting delivery tomorrow.

After reading your post back to myself

you have 1 or both of the switches at the top flipped the wrong way

im familar with the ct6b and it does work

if you want rid pm me a price I need a new handset

and the planet is the best budget rsdio until you spend a humdred or so and get a futuba unit

Edited by jordan_bench10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rc4wd fan i would strongly suggest other options for same money or cheaper than the mfc which enables modifications of engine sounds and also sounding more life like

You have benedini tbs 90ish quid but not the best option

You have servonaut which is a great plug and play option or the beier which is the most modifiable option

Rc4wd fan i would strongly suggest other options for same money or cheaper than the mfc which enables modifications of engine sounds and also sounding more life like

You have benedini tbs 90ish quid but not the best option

You have servonaut which is a great plug and play option or the beier which is the most modifiable option

thanks for the reply I got one of these http://www.rcbrmin.com/114-rc-truck-sound-unit-effect-v8-v6-l6-p-535.html just got to wait for it to arrive