• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya 58264 & 58260...

themagicnumber

My family moved to the States when I was young and we lived there until I moved back here as an adult. I recently had a bunch of stuff shipped back from our old home which was about an hour drive from the Tamiya raceway..including these two cars. These have been around the Tamiya track, which is a nice thought, but there's nowhere for me to race these anywhere near where I live..especially not without it being p*ssing down with rain 90% of the time (Yorkshire)..

Are these cars worth anything? They're in near perfect condition (I can get more pics later) and have all original parts, radios, etc etc and even the original packaging/instructions are good.

I'm not gonna sell them for peanuts, just wondered if they could be sought after models in the UK as these seem to be a slightly different design from the same models I've found with UK search results.

30bcmsy.jpg

Not particularly, the chassis are TL01 so were common at the time and their design quirks weren't too endearing to owners. Their time will come when they all smashed and beaten up, and people will remember they had one when they were younger, so I'd hang on to them a bit longer. They'll always be worth more when the bodies are painted and stickered perfectly like the boxart. :)