• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Radtec RC aluminium fan mount

Alex97

RadtecFanMount-1_zps7dzrzgjn.jpg

Radtec RC introduce a new 2-piece aluminium cooling fan mount for the use with on-road and off-road cars. Beside the 2-piece design, that makes for easy mounting directly to the motor's can, the holder also features a milled channel to route the fan's wire in which results in a more tidy wire setup and a cleaner look. The mount, usable with 30mm and 400mm fans, is available in four different colours including black, orange, (Tamiya) blue and red.

RadtecFanMount-3_zpsann7vgdv.jpg

Source (http://www.area52.cc/news/5394-radtec-rc-aluminium-fan-mount.html)

Edited by alex97

My version :-)

100_1949.jpg

Botched together in a few minutes...  Those Little bits of metal you get with Hyper ST/7 steering knuckles  that I had lying about spare (Though any short bit of metal tube the right diameter to fit into the fan's screw holes would do)       What those bits do is hold the cable ties at a good standoff distance from the fan so when the fan gets bounced up,   the fan's blades don't catch into and trap themselves in the cable ties while your bashing and stop the fan (they did that a lot for me Until I added the Metal bits)

One cable tie all the way around on the inside holding the fan onto the motor,  and a small cable tie on the outsides, just through the screw hole in each corner of the fan and through the metal bits to stop the metal bit popping out of the screw holes in the fan and sliding up the main cable tie up into the middle of the fan...

Bash tested and approved....   Though if you can get a strip of thin rubber between the fan casing and the motor at each side of the fan's casing,  leaving the actual fan motor suspended in the middle on it's little spokes do so,   helps the fan live longer by absorbing some vibration.

Whole thing weighs next to nothing,  specially if you substitute the metal bits for lightweight plastic counterparts.

Edited by GorillaZilla