• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vintage Trans Am in the UK now?

PurcyP

I know its a rather big and growing class of touring car racing over in the states with HPI being one of the stronghold markets for it with their shells and tyres.

But i noticed that Nick over at Demon power products has started selling all the shells, wheels and tyres.

Is VTA being run over here now? ive been out of the loop with RC on road for a while now. 

If it is being run thats awesome, do love old american muscle 

I like plymouths personally.

would be cool to race VTA, watching some videos on youtube its all very fair and driver skill based as old school muscle goes around tracks in rather terrible fashion ..realistic then lol 

In the USA they use a control tyre (HPI X pattern iirc in some leagues) so that's why they don't handle quite as well.  I think the bodies are not as good for handling either as not as aerodynamic as a TC.

Also they tend to use older chassis, (with the basis being on cheap fun rather than using say, the latest most expensive 2014 chassis).

edit: Budget class is the buzzword im looking for! lol  :nod:

Edited by ta05

Nice to come back to lots of replies ..sweet

The controlled chassis idea whilst good, would take the class from accessible to not so accessible, its been shown in a few videos if you check em out on youtube, ill see if i can find one, of a few lads wiping the floor with the competition, using i believe old yokomo and losi chassis.

The cars with the control vintage tyres and shells end up handling like crap, like their real counter part lol, watching the races online is a good giggle as its never short of action rather than top tier TC where a crash will happen at start or end and not much else in between