• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Holiday Buggy TBLE-02S ESC problems

logik

I am having problems setting up the Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC on my Holiday Buggy kit. When I switch it on the LED flashes red and green in quick succession. The instructions say if it is a brushed motor, this happens when the sensor cable is connected, and to disconnect the cable. 

Well the sensor cable isn't connected and the LED still flashes red/green and I cannot seem to complete the set up.

What am I doing wrong??

Was advised by the shop to lift the plastic cover on the ESC to make sure that the set button is being pressed down properly. I have tried this. Still the same problem. Their second piece of advice was to return the ESC to them, so that is my next course of action. They have also echoed heavyleftthumb's comment that these ESCs are a bit crap, Tamiya having decided to replace the previous model ESC with this one. Apparently the previous version was far superior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your post logik,

I am having the same problems.I'm not new to this hobby but this Brush/Brushless ESC was not

the way I wanted to go. I'm sure the product is good enough (when it works) but I would prefer

to go down the Brushed ESC route to get me going, then if I choose, hop up to Brushless.

Maybe Modelsport got a faulty batch and I got one to?

Reading around, tamiya dropped the ball with this ESC generally, so all retailers have sold faulty escs...

Personally, I like the hobbywing 60a ESC and can for the DT02 chassis, 13t works well, just dropped a 10t back into my HB, yet to try it out ;)

• 5 years later...

Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC Flashing Red/Green Quickly

I had this problem shortly after The Hornet had a good few runs - the ESC was flashing - I couldn't find anything online, or find the manual online, so I've included it in this post.

I too read that this red/green flashing means the ESC is in the wrong mode for the type of motor (trouble shooting on page 2 of instructions)

So I attempted to reset the ESC to the type of motor I was using, and it worked again. 

Looking at the attached manual images, find Motor Mode Setup on page 2 and follow the flashing light instructions. I can only think that somehow the ESC unit reset itself between turning on and off?!

2019-06-09_19_04_46.jpg

2019-06-09_19_04_59.jpg

Edited by The Hornet