• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

shorter wraith

rawalker666

How does it handle? I picked up a tube chassis which I am using some scout axles on and am planning a shortish wheelbase. Rear end is normal but very short front links (the shocks will be vertical). No idea if it will work though.

I do like the look of yours, suits the body (and the Stella 4 stuff is quite a nice can when want something lighter/refreshing)

Will be putting toobs in the front of mine and will try and get it as wide as long (my other Scout axle based crawler is about square, but that has +13mm wideners and with droop setup is fairly low).  Would love some Wraith axles but trying to keep costs down....(yeah right)

C537B10E-D887-4D54-A55B-D2EEA01C8E2B_zps

Mine is shorter and sits on SCX axles and 1.9 Trepadors.. Plenty of weight in the wheels and beef tubes in the axles help stop the rig from rolling over

looks like you need some new side panels on there mate there is nowt left off them

I have a set of rubicon sides to go on it. To be honest I think it's going to be stripped for parts soon, I've broken the chassis three times, hence the Bob tail job.

Fancy trying my hand at a tube chassis build over the summer.

I have a set of rubicon sides to go on it. To be honest I think it's going to be stripped for parts soon, I've broken the chassis three times, hence the Bob tail job.

just cut it rite down like mine tony 

I'm working on a home made tube chassis made from 6mm steel rod welded up and passed on to me for free. It's never going to look scale or tidy but it's different and I get to make/shop for bits for it. Really enjoying it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had it out today and got to say the shorter wheelbase worked great very stable and didnt get hung up on the rocks and tree roots as much

Just a shame the dig servo decided to give up on me this morning leaving me with just front wheel drive for the last hour so just got the twin hammers out and played with that instead

Posted Image

• Like 3

I adore your cut down Wraith and will take a saw to mine asap.  Did you get a shorter wheelbase by using SCX links??

I have plenty of those cos my two SCX's are converted to metal links.

Thanks for the extra pics.  Very helpful.

heres the link lengths for you notice on the pic i had to bend the links a little to stop binding up 

DSCF5815_zps68e9b976.jpg

lengths are 

REAR TOP             109MM

REAR BOTTOM     113MM

FRONT TOP          108MM

FRONT BOTTOM  118MM

Hope this helps measurements are to within +/-2mm eye to eye couldn't be exact without taking them off

my shock mounts on the rear axle have been flipped but front ones are the rite way up

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

Now added a scalerfab front winch bumper to the wraith had to do a few mods to it but happy with result

There will be a second shackle going on soon just snapped last tiny drill I had

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Few shots from Sunday at Brimham Rocks my wraith performed great

I've changed to motor to a brood hand wound 35t and changed gearing a bit plus now running it on 3s lipo so loads off torque

za4a8usa.jpgvabypy7e.jpgdeta6uby.jpgenudy3ev.jpgy3ydyge5.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...