• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Chadori buggy advice

ParkLife

The rear wheels are standard Tamiya hex, ones from Tamiya buggies and the new Kyosho RB5 should fit. Front ones I'm not sure about, they hold the bushings in and I think they are different in size to a lot of manufacturers (Proline wheels for the Associated B4 for example).

If you can find some wheels to fit, then tyres shouldn't be a problem, most people run Schumacher Minispikes on grass in the UK.

If you remove a front shock and rear shock, and measure the length from the centre of the top eyelet to the centre of the bottom eyelet, then some other manufacturer shocks should be compatable.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I can pass on some advice, having become something of an expert on second-hand Chadoris recently. Don't bother! Trying to get parts for it is a nightmare. The only dealer with Chadori spares in the UK (as far as I can tell) can't be @rsed and I can't say that I blame him. I found a helpful dealer in Austria (!) but have now established that the buggy has been discontinued for some time and existing stocks of common spares are running low.

The buggy has now eaten its own diff, waiting until I'd shelled out on battery packs, charger and the few spares I was able to track down. Judging by the stripped threads in the gearbox and diff casings, I reckon the previous owner knew a bit about rebuilds (although he clearly knew sweet F A about his own strength!)

I'm buying an Ansmann Smacker and transferring the RC gear and motor from the Chadori into it when it arrives. I will then treat the Chadori to a viking funeral in the back garden.

• 1 month later...

k knw this is kinda l bt what the hey the only uk dealer from what i found is a modelshop close buy to me he is selling up for retirement (been going since the 70s) so unless he is holding any spares you have no chance from him i got one of those cadoris in the garage a freind gt into rc with it (cheap buggy gt it fr 25 uid with electrics) and it tripped a diff an a pin in the gear box tryed t see if anything i had fitted (didnt)so there she lays.have to say when it did run it was so fun sure not the race machine i had known buggys to be in the past but with a 14 turn inside it sure pulled (thats prbbably why we brke it).