• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage XL ALZA project

Malcs RC

8 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

Not avaliable in US either.. only savage flux parts,, are new truck part outs.

ahh ok but il grab one them then .what is weird thou I had hpi ring me about 2 months ago said going to the shops the parts battery boxes will be out in week that was over 2 months ago .I'm not fussed as next week il order some from people pulling the new ones.

Yes, buy them as soon as you can for your build, or I might buy them myself for future builds :D hehe. You never know what might happen in the future, maybe you should part out this alza build since you haven't touched it in 3 months :D just kidding hehe.

Edited by tt3az

On 03/09/2017 at 16:53, tt3az said:

Yes, buy them as soon as you can for your build, or I might buy them myself for future builds :D hehe. You never know what might happen in the future, maybe you should part out this alza build since you haven't touched it in 3 months :D just kidding hehe.

I'd never part out lol I've got too much on it but I have lot other RCS I been spending time on but .I'm back on this next week

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys sorry not been on while I've been busy with other things 1/1 cars and family.but I've been looking at my RCS  again now weather is getting better so IL be back on this and rest my RCS 

I use this shell:

KsANFVC.jpg

Reinforced with amazing goop and drywall tape, allthough it has still cracked on a few places but I have fixed it. It is an old picture, I use RPM arms now days, I have two set, blue and black just in case I break something.

Truck it dope, some few things I don't like are the lower a-arm screws, they are all bent a bit due to the 6mm spacer you have to use when mounting IRC shocks on rpm arms. What else, the servo saver suck despite HD spring, I tighten it a bit more today because the servo saver engaged all time when turning. The tp 4070 107mm motor has alot of torque and is 8s rated but I still have to run heatsink and fans to keep it cool which was a surprise, I thought it would run cooler than my 4092 1730kv motor but apparently not. I jump alot so it puts alot of stress on all components so breakage is not uncommon and I make tweaks and fixes all time, but that is the price you have to pay running custom trucks on 6s with big moters :D .

Edited by tt3az

Yeah that's awesome .as I've not been on mine as I've was waiting parts but I did notice my shocks leaking like crazy as they come assembled already done i done oil in and bleed them  I had contact Rob get me a rebuild kit out even thou these are brand new I only noticed it as all oil on my brand new prolines.so IL redo oil seals no idea how gone this was a reason I took a break building this as took me month get seals so get them on week end.get couple new lipos.should be good go then get some pics up .and rpm arms I want them are they xl arms 

The IRC shouldn't leak, and IRC have issues with quality control I think. I got two IRC diff cups and the outdrive sized in them for some reason so I wanted a refund and I got it. I also missed a few parts when I ordered my big bores so I had to wait extra time. But now I am set.

RPM arms are nice, but MadMax arms are better they are nylon and stock design, search for YY-Mad Max arms on ebay. I refrain from using the IRC lower mount blocks because you will need to drill the a-arms in order to mount them which creates a weakspot on the lower a-arms. The IRC 6mm spacers with Mad Max arms is the best setup I think. I use RPM arms with IRC 6mm spacer and it works okay, only issue is that the screws will bend when jumping. I personaly haven't had so great success with either stock arms or RPM, maybe it is the cold that makes them brittle, it has been a long winter.

Edited by tt3az

• 1 month later...
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎10 at 21:27, Malcs RC said:

Yeah that's awesome .as I've not been on mine as I've was waiting parts but I did notice my shocks leaking like crazy as they come assembled already done i done oil in and bleed them  I had contact Rob get me a rebuild kit out even thou these are brand new I only noticed it as all oil on my brand new prolines.so IL redo oil seals no idea how gone this was a reason I took a break building this as took me month get seals so get them on week end.get couple new lipos.should be good go then get some pics up .and rpm arms I want them are they xl arms 

So how is it going?

• 2 weeks later...