• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RCMK XCR-1000

K

So I recently got an RCMK XCR – 1000 from Adam at Baja-Cars, was doing a cracking deal if collected…. 6 hr round trip … Fun Times!

Anyway, soon as I got it home I spent an hour just soaking up all the small details, there are many and the overall attention to detail is phenomenal.

DSC_0258_1_zpskqkcitbo.jpg

DSC_0255_1_zpsvwhkvrqa.jpg

I come up with a plan to order all the electrics to finish it off next month, the cost of the buggy had hit my wallet hard, with a baby on way I figured I’d be sensible…..

So a day or so passed and I saw a Switchblade going cheap on here… so bought that, have one in the Baja and know there good…day or so passed and I ordered the radio, FlySky IT4 as im a big child and like gimmicks and the telemetry appealed… then I saw some Hitec 805MGs servos advertised on here for reasonable money… well seeing as I was on the slippery slope, it would be rude not to finish it off.

I was always going to run LiFe packs in the XCR, run one in the baja and like em Ordered 2 Nano Techs 21000mAh from Hobby King they both fit in the battery box, so will have 8+hours of run time from the pair. (get 4-5hrs from the 2000mAh Vapextech LiFe) in my baja.

Radio arrived in next to no time from china, which was a pleasant surprise, so began to tear it down. This was a breeze in comparison to the Baja chassis it has to be said.

DSC_0268_zpsk9qc7kxl.jpg

Fitted some Area RC DBXL braces, (thanks to massa on here knew they were a straight fit) also ordered a Area RC DBXL alloy clutch carrier, which with some mods to the engine cage will work, have reverted to stock carrier for now. Vented Clutch bell as stock makes me happy though.

DSC_0269_zpsu8brvg0n.jpg

DSC_0270_zps03ohooxs.jpg

Next plan is to wrap it as im not a fan of the stock graphics and fit some lighting, which is a work in progress.

So as it was all working it would be rude not to get a few heat cycles through it and a tank of fuel. So went up the local industrial estate at 8pm, dark and in minus 3 temps and put a tank through it. My old man (worlds worst camera man) took this shonky video. Even on the first tank at ½ throttle it seems to have plenty of power so when it’s fully loosened up it will be a right little screamer!

https://youtu.be/8Q9rr1gQWBs

Should be getting out Sunday with this and the Baja (dad needs to practice driving the baja as he wants to come to bashfest, another large scale fan in the making!) ill try to get some better video then.

Edited by K
  • Like 1

Was £93 delivered with all sensors and seperate sensor receiver, not hooked them all up yet, automatically gives rx voltage. Took 9 days to get here, marked aa gift and $23 value, no customs thank you very much, world rc!

Assume u mean drill the cover and use the magnets? Has an aliminium cover on the engine. 

Optical speed sensor I'm gonna try mount on the spur and get it accurate as wheel might be awkward 

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, evssv said:

so...any further news on this beast then??:huh:??

Hi Mike

Its still going amazingly well. It needs some driveshaft pins at the moment as stock ones are nearly worn through, and the spur and pinion have wear from a damaged pinion (caught a nick somehow and hurt the spur) but they still fine just a little worn, but there the only issues in 28 tanks now, its a beast and has had some spectacular crashes and just brushed them off not a single piece of damage from bashfest either.

Has an OBR full mod billet cased G320 in it now and it flys. Mightly impressed with the strength of it and the overall handling etc

The original engine is in my Baja and that was holing its own agains OBR full mod 27.2 (beating it) and a baja with a G320 in. its very fast baja now.

Was contemplating on selling the XCR to fund a 5Five... Just not sure at moment. Did you buy a DBXL mike?