• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First tank buy.

autobutcher

Will be interested in reading your impressions after your first run. BTW the batteries they supply are rubbish and don't last long at all.

Most of these tanks come with the volume turned up full so set the volume knob half way before you start.

John

Edited by johninderby

First run lasted about 2mins, then mrs ended play as it's so loud! Turned full down it's still a bit much for indoors, recoil action is amazing though. Haven't got time for a proper play now, so tomorrow evening is 'Tank Night', mrs at work all night!

• 2 weeks later...

These Taigen tanks with the metal hull etc. do indeed drive really well. The weight makes them look more realistic when running. The Taigen radio is not bad at all, perfectly useable. That's what I like about the proper full metal Taigens. A tank you can actually run straight out of the box.

An Elmod or IBU system is better of course with better control and momentum etc. and far better sounds as well as a lot of other options but are

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My first rc tank was an M1A2 Abram, still got to today. Brought it from Nitrotek and have to say its a really good tank. My concern is that it isn't waterproof or dust proof. Could any recommend any places that do them sort of jobs? I haven't taken it apart before as its still under warranty.

• 6 months later...