• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC for my 7 Year Old

SamUk

HI All,

I have just bought myself a HPi Vorza from the US - should be here next week. 

Use is small in open fields and occasionally in the forest.

My son is now 7 - and i was thinking of getting him a rc..and feel the vorza is too fast for him..!

He had a go on my Hpi Savage i think 6 months back, and drove it into his legs - that did not end well..anyway many months on he says he wants to have another go...!

So what do you recommend? as i will be ordring from the states and i have a voucher code for Tower Hobbies.

Any thoughts on the Savage XS - Costing

Edited by SamUk

I got my boy a savage 3.5 when he was 8....hes 9 now and got a rex x 3.5 and a ftx carnage....he did have a few crap rc's before the savage..cheapo argos things. .....a carson thing which was not to cleaver. .....he gets on fine with most of mine aswell......I'd go with battery as its easier and cleaner....there's probly loads of sutible rc's for him but I'd definitely stick with a decent make...hpi...traxxas...hoboa.....ansmann.....ect.......that way parts wont b an issue. ..what style of rc do he like?? That way we can narrow it down....

Edited by evssv

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got it running today...must say not really happy with the number if clips!

4 on the body, and 6 on the battery compartment!

Also the car on off switch is not accessible once the cover is on...were as my vorza you can reach in and switch on and off without removing the cover..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

the thought of all the clips just makes me not wan to get it going.. lol 

i think i will start small and let him have a run in the garden so that he can used to it.. have read somewhere the esc can be made to slow the car down..?

i had a small go last night and it felt like fun..the difference between this and the vorza is big... 

he went out with my cousins, and someone drive it into a tree... lol

not taken it apart yet..is this the hub that is broken?

is this the right part i need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-101209-WR8-BULLET-FRONT-HUB-CARRIERS-LEFT-RIGHT-10-DEGREES-/351065490068?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item51bd224294

avegy8un.jpguvejymaq.jpg

Edited by SamUk

.tree...like it wasn't big enuff to see. ...lol!!! I read the hubs were a weak point on these....yeah they look the right part....u mite wanna get sum ally ones though......as people do with the firestorm. ....or order a few sets of the stock ones....as this will happen again thats for sure....

Edited by evssv

from what I read its only the c hubs what r weak....I looked at one of these and read/watched sum reviews.... . ..but for 36 thats not a bad price for both. ....and seeing as there the same make should fit no probs....up to u....u can either use the stock plastic knuckles+ally c hubs...or use both....u should never brake a c hub or knuckle again...unless u do sumin realy daft like a curb...metal post ect at full throttle they should b sweet... Edited by evssv

• 2 weeks later...