• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Mini (M03 M04 M05 M06) Gallery

TamiyaM05Mini

Here is my tamiya m-05, I bought it in October last year and have only been able to race it once! Hardly a mark on it. Had a lot of fun building it and even had a go at painting the shell myself

DSCF1402_zps8275f30e.jpg

DSCF1403_zps71d287f7.jpg

DSCF1404_zps73864830.jpg

DSCF1405_zps836f2dc6.jpg

DSCF1406_zpsb359e658.jpg

Edited by jake1*2011
  • Like 1

Here we go. I bought a fully hopped up race mini on ebay about 2 months ago. I then bought a brand new Tamiya Mk1 Golf Kit (I own 4 real Mk1 Golfs) and transferred all the allu hop ups on to it. Looks great. First run was last weekend, using 2s lipos. Keep those pics coming.

Very nice mate, loving the splatter paint job, must of taken some time. Just trying to get my photos on to here, will be on soon.

In all it took around 10 minutes to paint it but between colours/ coats i let it dry in the airing cupboard for around 40 minutes, there is 4 coats of metallic black just to make sure its 100% covered all over. I started to paint it at 2:30pm and finished it at 7pm, that includes prepping the shell, painting and drying times.

Here's mine

8EDC7B95-1C6E-40F7-A646-2BDC21F206FD-451

F7124C8B-A472-4793-BF05-21C294AC212E-451

5AD6B753-FB05-4ACC-980D-ECDE23594645-45156FABAAF-96A3-4E71-8CEB-4E9C0352CDF7-451

Very nice, is it an XB Mini, or are you just great at painting and sticker ins.

In all it took around 10 minutes to paint it but between colours/ coats i let it dry in the airing cupboard for around 40 minutes, there is 4 coats of metallic black just to make sure its 100% covered all over. I started to paint it at 2:30pm and finished it at 7pm, that includes prepping the shell, painting and drying times.

Looks awesome mate, such a good finish: very professional!

Very nice, is it an XB Mini, or are you just great at painting and sticker ins.

it's one i painted and applied the stickers. i used frog tape to get neat paint lines and misted soapy water on the shell to help get the decals on neatly without any air bubbles getting trapped under them.

Edited by paul-n

I'll post mine next week, its nothing special but just have a mini shell and golf shell :)

Ok that's cool. I have a HPI Mini shell and a tamiya Golf one, is that what you have.

it's one i painted and applied the stickers. i used frog tape to get neat paint lines and misted soapy water on the shell to help get the decals on neatly without any air bubbles getting trapped under them.

Well you did a great job :)

My now swapped M03-

IMG_5780_zps25639ea4.jpg

IMG_5779_zpse704110a.jpg

I'm guessing that's not a shelf queen eh!

Mines an M03, also have another M03 and an M05 coming this week that I've bought, I meant I don't know what make the golf shell is

If it's a Mk1 Golf shell with a ABS plastic front end then it's Tamiya, if it's moulded in one it's a Carson or Team ABR replica. Still a good looking shell. I had a bog standard M03 but a friend bought it. Was it a new M05 kit or second hand that you bought?

Plus has anyone seen or bought and used the Blitz C30 210mm WB body on a M03 or 05?

Edited by TamiyaM05Mini

Used... Will be selling one of the M03 and the M05 next week, they came in a job lot I bought along with a couple of old tamiya buggy's I'll be selling too, only bought the lot as it came with a couple of TT01's, a decent LiPo charger and some other bits

Used... Will be selling one of the M03 and the M05 next week, they came in a job lot I bought along with a couple of old tamiya buggy's I'll be selling too, only bought the lot as it came with a couple of TT01's, a decent LiPo charger and some other bits

Oh cool. Tell me when you want to sell the M05 as I have a mate that could be interested. Could you tell me the ruff spec and what it would come with, also the asking price and condition.