• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro to flux conversion for HPI Trophy truggy 4.6

Tank2702

No need to buy a conversion kit, just look at the part numbers for the Trophy Truggy Flux and buy the motor mount and battery tray. The motor mount is dirt cheap IIRC, around 8 quid.

Hiya,. I am in the middle of doing exactly what u r!

I will eventually put together a build thread.

I got my hands on a flux chassis that came with batt tray, bottom engine/diff plate, side guards, upper mid diff plate and flux receiverbox/servo mount tray. Available right now on ebay germany as well as complete front truggy flux packages. (PM for links). Even the brushless system is there too! But I have gone with a hobyking xerun combo (2200kv). I have already mounted the batt tray + diff plate. (some drilling required and a thread tool was also necessary.)

I dont have all my parts yet, but will be making my conversion with a combination of original flux + nitro parts.

You need to decide if you want to end up with a truggy flux or a modded nitro-->brushless. To eliminate the confusuion here there are parts differences between the 2 models.

• mid diff is mounted exactly 1 cm further forward on the flux (drive shafts are different lengths too)
  • akerman is not as wide and the front upper arms are a different length.
  • And more!!

(will try to get pics up later)

Notes:

The stock motor mount is designed to be used with the buggy mid diff mounts! It is also mounted on top of this mid diff plate.

101801_01.jpgI don't know if you can get away without this plate.

101674_01.jpgStock motor mount.

Hope that helps and perhaps we can build ours together. :)

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

Am I right to assume that no extra drilling Is necessary as there seems to be enough holes

No.! It depends on what you are going to mount.

I presume all I need to do is buy the mounts which the fellas above mentioned and the battery tray and away I go? (Battery pack too)
Hopefully,.lol but it depends on what you want to achieve, I've currently been concerning myself with weight distribution. Anyway here's where I'm at.

30122012304.jpg

When I converted my LSP (exactly the same truck) I just used the Flux motor mount with a couple of washers underneath to bring it up in line with the other diff mount, no drilling required. Then I simply cut the extra off the servo plate that wasn't needed. Mounted the battery tray and job done :)

Couple of pics here:

That flux chassis is puurrrdy though, much nicer than the stock nitro LSP chassis :good:

Edited by DreXeL
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

No.! It depends on what you are going to mount.

Hopefully,.lol but it depends on what you want to achieve, I've currently been concerning myself with weight distribution. Anyway here's where I'm at.

30122012304.jpg

Is the flux chassis skinnier than the nitro? because im not sure if the Nitro body will fitmover with the battery installed (my flux conversion) and from what i can see from the gurads on the flux, the body would need to be wider on the servo side because the gurads stick out further, but the bodys look the same. thanks.