• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I have to question the sealed diff idea, If the diff was in fact sealed the the drive cups wouldn't spin, I wonder if o-rings behind the cogs on the drive cups would make a better seal.

Mine didn't leak straight away, everything seemed fine until the following morning where there was a blob of oil on the workbench,

and the bottom of the gearbox was coated. Pulled it apart again and the diff was nearly empty. The oil Had leaked past the drive cups.

it was 15w50, not specifically for rc cars, just didn't want it to run dry and end up a shattered diff, But I've tried all sorts and it all leaked, the 5000w lasted about three trips out, about twelve hours in total. But much happier since I switched back to grease, I think oil in the diff is better suited to racer's who should be checking there diffs after every meeting, and top up/refill as required.

I reverted back to grease (Red Teflon) in the diff and the problem went away, I didn't pack the diff with it, just smeared the cogs, and did the same with the gearbox. it's now back to normal.

you got a link to the stuff as I will try that if 5k doesn't work. Is it the same stuff used for cycling? weldtite

Edited by stretch

I have to question the sealed diff idea, If the diff was in fact sealed the the drive cups wouldn't spin, I wonder if o-rings behind the cogs on the drive cups would make a better seal.

Mine didn't leak straight away, everything seemed fine until the following morning where there was a blob of oil on the workbench,

and the bottom of the gearbox was coated. Pulled it apart again and the diff was nearly empty. The oil Had leaked past the drive cups.

there are o-rings behind the gears, maybe yours need replacing?

Lipos from hobby king, should get you two 5000m batteries, maybe tbr bumpers as well if you don't already have them, out the box it's fine and doesn't really need owt.

I have the tbones and also 2 lipos , i may just get 1 lipo and a dremel but someone said they are too powerful for rc :/ , i just got some dirt hawgs . would you say the shock upgrades are worth it ?

i would go for another lipo over the bulkhead

just in case http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRC-Alum-Ft-Bulkhead-STH100314S-BLITZ-E-Firestorm-/330651753065?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cfc615a69

Edited by bulletflux 345

i would go for another lipo over the bulkhead

just in case http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cfc615a69

Thanks man :) probs go for a http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-sport-7.4v-3900mah-25c-lipo-stick-pack-deans-/rc-car-products/38675 Edited by jacksprogis

i dont have a soldering iron (to deans ) and generally not a fan of ebay , if they were available off someone else in the uk it would be a different matter (with deans of cause :) ) thanks though :). whats peoples thoughts on this for diffs http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=18417 Edited by jacksprogis

decided to do my diff today and decided not to bother with oils in the end

Diff wasn't too bad actually considering I've never done it before, there was a couple of blobs not touching anything though

3011.jpg

gave it a clean up using brake cleaner and compressed air to dry

3012.jpg

then a blob of Weldtite TF2 grease in one side

3013.jpg

Job done, now just to get it out and test it