• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Just an Update with regards the fiber washer I was trying out earlier, I think it work's great, No More powdered plastic insider the gear cover and I think it fine tunes the slipper, wound the slipper a bit tighter than normal and it would wheelie about two foot of the line under full throttle and settle down, and no longer goes turtle on part throttle. :)

Just an Update with regards the fiber washer I was trying out earlier, I think it work's great, No More powdered plastic insider the gear cover and I think it fine tunes the slipper, wound the slipper a bit tighter than normal and it would wheelie about two foot of the line under full throttle and settle down, and no longer goes turtle on part throttle. :)

thimk i must of missed something. Fibre washer????

Hi Notfast,

Don't know what happened to the original post, so here it is,

I noticed that the plastic cup washer that buts up against the metal plate for the spur gear was disintegrating at a rapid rate, and causing the slipper to come loose, and coating everything in a black powder, and cant be good for the mesh, so while out buying some fiber washers for a plumbing job, I got a pack of assorted, and looking at a 15mm washer, thought that would be better than a metal washer, The center hole was to small, so drilled it out to 5mm an it's a snug fit.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x366/jak59/Spurwasher.jpg]http://Spurwasher.jpg

Edited by J450n

Get some Dead Man's Grip tape from teamblackcountry on here. I've even taken off an ESC and stuck it back on the same piece!

I tried dead mans grip and it's good but not in heavy landings I now use proper Velcro tape and it works perfectly

heavy landings are the issue

might try dead mans grip.

the other problem is that the bottom of the esc comes off so have had to cable tie it on. wich means i need quite thick tape or double it up