• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

traxxas t maxx. should i buy one?

hyper.seven

Hey, iv got a hyper 9, but I also want a monster truck, iv had savages n revos, but I fancy something different, I'm quite liking the t maxx. Do you lot rate them?

Thanks

Well I have had 2 T-Maxx's now and and am just converting one to an E-Maxx. I love them. But there are a few issues.

The bulkheads WILL need upgrading to alum ones if you really wanna bash it hard, you can pick alum bits up dirt cheap on the bay. You will want to upgrade the shock caps to alum ones as well but they again are cheap and you may wanna stick new servos in it. They are ok just not great, really the steering one is the only issue as its just not quite strong enough.

There is a lot of strain on the join between the bulkhead and the chassis plate. This is helped with the chassis rails underneath but it is a weak point if you land on your nose in particular

There are TONS of parts. From cheap flashy bits to expensive supermaxx parts that are indestructible and make the Maxx unbeatable by anything after a few grand invested.

Lots of RPM bits for them.

I rate them pretty highly. For me they are what a monster truck should be. It can tackle anything. Its easier to work on then the Savage and there is a massive community built up around them. They can be a bit of a pig in the air if your not careful just like in the corners, throttle control and everything is fine. I think for me they are the best MT out there but I've not owned a revo, driven but not owned. I had a savage but when it broke it was horrible to work on and I hated the engine.

good.gif Get one and get happy.

Edited by louder
  • Like 2