• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

PS3 on HDMI

DSTMike

hi guys, relying on you guys expertise again :)

i am now running my ps3 through an HDMI cable now, good picture on GT5 now, but every now and again, there is like a flasing on the screen like interferance, it either goes 3/4, 1/2 up the screen or 1/4. is there a simple setting im missing out or something else? it is a full 1080p tv. i did post up a thread about HDMI cables before, as it happens dad had a cheap HDMI cable lying around, and it was like

have you tried another hdmi socket on the tv? as it might be a dodgy connection, that or your ps3 end.

with digital interfaces like hdmi it doesnt really matter what material they are made of over a short distance, aslong as it transmits the signal, as you either get a signal or you dont, theres no good or bad signal, unless its a very long cable over a large area. my hdmi cable was about

yeah, i have tried swapping the sockets on the back of the tv, ill try the ps3 end in a minute. forgot to add, when i first set up the HDMI cable, it was really bad, it was like it all the time, and then tried swapping ends of the HDMI (tv end, into ps3, and ps3 end into the tv), and that did make quite abit of difference.:good: