• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder tiger EB4

'Ite doods :)

just thought i'd sign up as ive got few q's and hoping to do some work on my eb4.

firstly were is the best place to get parts? mainly looking for upgrades.

will parts from others fit? such as the hyper 7's etc. (I can drill and machine spacers,brackets)

and ive currently got a standard body and was wondering if others could fit.

also its a bast'u'rd to start - suggestions?

au reviour for know :D

The eb4 is an amazing car.My friend has 1 and it started first time with no problems what so offer. Its a really good car generally i really like it.

My friends upgrades are:

servo's

dish wheels

monster energy wing and body shell

sway bars

fuel filter.

He hasn't done too many upgrades as it's fairly new only like a couple months old.

Thanks

cheers lads,yeah its a good car when running.

them parts are pretty trick but I always get stung on importing stuff so I doubt ill get em',maybe just paint mine :)

monster energy stickers arn't at the top of my list :rofl: But do wanna get it looking schweet!

also some how my pullstart always wants to snap :blush: is it worth the leccy start/drill conversion? (dont relly no much about this).

mainly hammer over the fields and local waste ground,but looking for some people to meet.(bedfordshire area,I usually go over to a disused ski slope in rushden - youtube Skew bridge.)

im also into mx and most mechanical stuff :D

Hi mate and welcome, i have the S1 and S2. The engines are a nightmare to tune in this weather :o , but dont worry about that lol.

Just adjust the idle a 1/4 a turn and see is thats better, also i would change your glowplug for an OS8, you can pick these up at any website.

As for the parts i used eBay the most, but as Neil (DT-10) pointed out that shop is good, he was the last owner of my old EB4 lol.

Hope this helps.

Gav

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best replacement for the pullstart would be to get some ergal engine mounts for it and buy a starterbox... No more blistered fingers ;)

As for mine so far;

Hpi trophy fuel tank (took some drilling)

Shock socks (keep grit out of the shocks on loose dirt/ gravel).

Cleaned out diffs and replaced grease with diff oil.

Reoiled shocks (50wt/45)

Stainless steel screwset

Not alot really but I would replace fuel tank ASAP as its a case of when it will break not if on the s2

Any spares you need for thundertiger [email protected] he is a thundertiger speciallist i have recentley bought a eb4 s2pro modded to a 28 and a up and coming 2spd will be doing a youtube vid soon

Interesting, what top speed will you be looking at??

Have done the 2spd conversion modded the chassis to fit the gearing 2spd clutch bell and changed the fuel tank all parts from a thundertiger er1 they all fit perfect just left with usual tuning the second gear to cut in ran it this evenin second cuttin in way too soon but even so its FAST AS i have a brushless bsd with twin lipo and i dont think there is much in it from a standin start and top end