• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XTM Rage Brushless (Soon to be beasted!)

Brett92

just wondering if anybody else got a brushless rage?? opinions on what they think of it etc?

ive had 1/8 scale, 1/5 everything but this little 1/18 is my favourite car yet..

in a few days im getting the mtroniks g2 esc and p2 8000kv brushless motor and putting it on 2s 1600mah with 2.4ghz etc, 3s is a bit too much lol tried that with stock set up.

anybody got a say on these little beasts?

had a play on a demo one when the ripmax rep brang one down to a local model shop, to be honest i wasnt too impressed,

its a cool size but the spur gear etc is open to the elements and not enclosed so a quick blast on gravel saw it clog up and make some rather unpleasant sounds! The car also struggled immensely to get grip, from a stand still it would just spin round on tarmac whereas a mini revo will back flip, maybe the diffs need oil or something as they just unloaded too one side the moment you hit the throttle

when i bought it new the stock set up seemed fine and i had no problem with the spur gearin having any troubles threw at it, but i had the bodyshell on it at all times.. stock its good for a beginner or as a bit of fun in my opinion but its also something good to hop up since u can get aluminium / carbon pretty much all around, vital parts anyway and then the brushless combos u can get for it.. never tried a brushed rage though

to be honest theyre not that cheap to run if u count parts and stuff from the times u will break them (everybody crashes sometime lol) but im not going alluminium or anything at the moment just my running gear im upgrading really

cars got a little sentimental value behind it to be honest, reminds me of things i shouldnt have done, things that wouldve changed my future but yeah.. sad but deep, either way its an amazing car! wink.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi.I've got a clone of the rage,a haiboxing marmot.I've only ran it once,good truck,got a backflip and quite a few nice jumps out of it.It's not broken,which is somethimg I couldn't say about the ml$t2 :( .Fitted losi mini monster beetle tyres last night,gonna take it out for a bash tommorrow,weather permitting :)

I bought the brushed one for my son for xmas mainly to keep him off my hyper as it was toooo powerful for him as he's only 5.

Overall I think it's OK, nothing special. It is quite fragile as ive broke it once as has my son.

I personally feel that it's mainly to help younger kids into the hobby to gain understanding of them or as a big boys toy to give a little blast around the house!

honestly ive had it for a while with my new stuff now, i had my 8000kv motor in there but the shafts too small but my pinion so i took it off in the end, i need a 48dp or 06 mod pinion with a 2mm shaft if anyone can help me? untill then im on my stock 4811kv that comes with the car but the speed controls boosted it a hell of a lot, yeah ive broke a few things but its just a car u have to be careful with really, if u got skill with driving then ur sweet.. ur bound to break something sometime as u are with any car but ill honestly say its as much fun as any other scale car!

• 4 weeks later...