• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XTM rail and GV cage?

RC_Ollie

Hi

so I was on modelsport and saw the GV cage, it looks just like the xtm rail.

are they the same?

if so why are they called soming different?

only thing i could think of was that it could be like hobao and OFNA.

Thanks

If i may, i stand you corrected nitroholic, the X-terminator xt2 is the equivalent of the G.V hunter and the X-terminator xt buggy is the G.V Rex-x. Also Xtm are the distributors in america of the gv models and the GV models are the distributors in this country. They are just known under different names because of different countries. The components however are 99.9% the same (with the models aka XTM rail and the GV cage).

And if the GV / XTM cage / rail are as strong as the rex-x and hunter it will be one hell of a car :good: And Mr t (rip m8) was one of those people who would back me up when i say they're virtually indestructible, as he was also very fond of the models by xtm/ gv

Thanks

actually i have to correct you there, the rex aint very strong out of the box, a small jump and the back end fell off. the rear shock tower, wing mount and upper arms all mount to two little plastic lugs on the diff case and the brace mount which does naff all. i done a fairly small jump after rolling it and the 2 lugs snapped off. it needs beefin up with some sort of plate bolted to wherever you can for it to be strong

XTM are distributed in the UK by Ripmax..That's why Hobbystores sell them and spares. As far as XTM's go..I've owned an XT2 for a few years, and I love it. Nothing broken on it despite it being used a lot!

I saw a GV Cage in the flesh, and it does look pretty nice. Mind you, the proof of the pudding is in the bashing, so I would like to hear if anyone invests in one how they go. Love the looks, but dn;t have that kind of cash to spend on a new toy at the moment.

I saw a GV Cage in the flesh, and it does look pretty nice. Mind you, the proof of the pudding is in the bashing

My thoughts to, while it looks great quality, I have a feeling it might have some flawed weaknesses. Just an assumption I have though with it being so cheap.

The roll cage elbows/joins are all plastic which probably won't hold up well on a hard hit.