• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper 12 mini pull start

dayltwod

dont worry about the msn mine was more than 1/2 a turn also. take your glow plug out, turn it upside down and pull the pull start a few times. screw the glow plug back in and it should be easier to pull

how many tanks ran so far?

still on stock glow plug? if so best to replace it seems their the trouble maker

um, you cant make it go into reverse mate!! its a mini truggy, they have a centre diff, you need a gearbox to make it go into reverse, and thats monster truck territory. pushing the throttle forward will only apply the brakes. Try a McCoy MC9 plug, they work well in them. plus yours is still in need of breaking in, so it will run rich anyway. after a few more tanks, start leaning the engine in a bit more every tank. do some half throttle blips, building up to full throttle short bursts. dont forget, you cant tune a cold engine. what may seem rich when its cold, will probably be leaner when its upto working temperature.. :good:

Edited by mgtuser

oh i see lol i warmed it up with a hairdryer that made it easy to start. I left it ticking over for another half a tank n gave it a little throttle while it was stood on a box but it jusst would not pull away when i sat it on the floor