• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

T to E diffs

louder

As promised, pictures of 3905(newer grey ones) bulks fitted to a 3906(older black one) chassis. If you want to upgrade the driveshafts then you need new steering knuckles as the new driveshafts use bigger bearings and are thicker.

_MG_0005.jpg

_MG_0007.jpg

_MG_0011.jpg

The second picture shows the main difference between the two bulks. The older ones are not curved or oversized.

:good:

Louder, you could go with just the aly chassis from the T. It shouldnt be that unbalanced if you place everything correctly, and it allows a fair bit of freedom for batts.

The only thing i changed was the tranny, purely to save having to fit another servo for the mechanical brakes.

Edited by blueshade27

They are the same design as my alum ones. Sorry Im not with my truck atm im working away so cant post pictures sorry.

I doubt the project will get off the floor till after christmas as I currently am short on money but after that fingers crossed. If I do decide not to go with an after market chassis I will just buy a new E-Maxx one. I will email GA before I buy bulkheads to check compatibility with everything.

Thanks for posting you guys. So why is the 3905 the newer one? The numbers go backwards? Whats with that?

Oh right. Still available to order on their site. I think I've settled on a chassis anyway.

http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=229403&InfoID=2995&ShowLarge=True&SnipID=6518

Same lowered CG as the G4 but still in production. Not sure how solid the CF chassis would be though, With the upper and lower deck it should be fairly stiff.