• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SteBro Shorty Baja

stebro

DOH !

No idea, it should be held on with a C Clip.

:whistling:

Oh bugger that not good then. Wonder if anything else not right :(

Edited by stebro

Hey stebro, its araldited on, i didnt trust the c clip not to fly off when i replaced the spur gear, so i just blobbed araldite over it, tip passed onto me by chaz when i got it off him, i scraped the old stuff off that he had put on quite easy, then just reapplied it when id done, maybe a bodge depending on how you look at it lol

The c clips still there

Edited by martleeds

I'd be tempted to spilt it down to big pieces, get them powdercoated ( about £30 ) and go through it as you rebuild it.

Only problem is remembering were all the screws go

:whistling:

Edited by toys4x4boys

Hey stebro, its araldited on, i didnt trust the c clip not to fly off when i replaced the spur gear, so i just blobbed araldite over it, tip passed onto me by chaz when i got it off him, i scraped the old stuff off that he had put on quite easy, then just reapplied it when id done

The c clips still there

Cheers mate hope you didn't think i was blaming you as i know car has had a few owners and didn't know you had done anything to it.

Ste

No worries bud, id be the same, in fact happylad posted a vid from the last bash i went on with it, about 2 week back, in the vid section titled nunroyd park bash, just to prove it run lol

I don't doubt you mate it started first time so know it starts and it wants to move with little throttle so it will be ok :good:

Now come on, you know you enjoy all the preventative maintenance best :rofl:

No get it right i enjoy breaking them. But shhh don't tell the misses :rofl:

Look good there bud, now strip it clean and see what you need to repair it

As for the shocks, if you some o ring and some 10 or 15w motor bike folk oil that will last you a very long time :)

Gav

Is it the same fork oil in front and rear shocks mate

Cheers Gac will look at getting some as soon as i have sorted servo tray out and stripped and checked diff out. How much oil goes in the diff?

When filling ya diff you need to cover the gears over, don't overfill it though.

Cheers carl will do just that :good: not over fill that is

Whats wrong with the servo tray ?

Gav

Just got to make my servo fit in it and figure out which screw goes where as i didn't strip it. think i have figured it out now though

Cheers Gav.

Greame sent me one yesterday too but i have a box with a few in then a box wiyh loads in but sure i have sorted it.

If ya on about the steering servo Ste, ya need a little L bracket. I'm pretty sure I have one im my box somewhere, will have a look and let you know if you want.

Cheers carl what i have done is make a plate as it was only about 3 mm short of the screw holes and fasten that over the opening or will the put servo in the olate. Will when i get kids to bed any way. If it doesn't work will get back to yo mate :good:

Well have managed to sort the steering servo out after going to about plan d or was plan e i really don't know but i used so angle brackets from work ( for kitcken cupboards etc) but i had to cut a nice new alloy servo horn down but need must.

Will put pics up later.

So now i have moved on to putting tray back in and setting up battle switch and servos but when i go to set up throttle servo the brakes are stuck off. so much so the brake bar will not even move by hand. I only realised when i saw the servo tray bend while trying to setup the EPA on my remote. So there is another job that i need to do.

So far i need to do is

Strip the rear diff as it looks like it has shot its oil all over the rear of the car ( hoping there is no damage )

Strip the brakes and investigate that

Source some really cheap arms for it ( like free would be good but that is dreaming )

Look at the rear shocks to see the fault there i.e o ring

Steering rose joints worn to excess

Get a wheel spanner

Get 2 reinforcment rings for rear wheels

Find out where the free play is coming from on the rear arms

Get a front shock brace

Think that may be it for now

Also thinking of getting rid of BGE pipe and getting dom but not 100% till i go out and play

Source some really cheap arms for it ( like free would be good but that is dreaming ) - I know a man who has a full set of HPi arms :whistling:

Get a wheel spanner - Stock plstic one is rubbish I just use a socket and ratchet

Get a front shock brace - KM Black front shock brace

Source some really cheap arms for it ( like free would be good but that is dreaming ) - I know a man who has a full set of HPi arms :whistling:

Get a wheel spanner - Stock plstic one is rubbish I just use a socket and ratchet

Get a front shock brace - KM Black front shock brace

:lol: :lol: large scale eats money for breakfast and is always hungry :rofl:

Oh i know that but i got it at my max so am just hoping there ain't to many problems that i don't know about i.e brakes, shock hoping diff is nothing and i knew about arms as that was in fs ad. Only reason i am concerned anbout diff is because of the oil all over spoiler and back end. Probably nothing well i hope

Oh i know that but i got it at my max so am just hoping there ain't to many problems that i don't know about i.e brakes, shock hoping diff is nothing and i knew about arms as that was in fs ad. Only reason i am concerned anbout diff is because of the oil all over spoiler and back end. Probably nothing well i hope

on top of the diff? oil :good: