• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NLB 14, 6th November Trent park!

Bazzokajoe

What Cakes from Chris?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Chris-ter Kipling has said he will provide the confectionary... what would you like?

• Brownies
    • Flapjack
    • Cup Cakes
    • Blueberry muffin

yea the bash was great. it was nice to see everyone again and to meet some new people. andy i was very impressed with your hyper, its a trooper lol. shame my car wouldnt start. bloody glow plug :blush:

Nice to see some new faces today,shame the Baja buggered the throttle servo, found out the problem with the nitro mt, rear drivecup had become unscrewed so front wheel drive haha!!! Will be fitting that new pinion on and see how much better she goes!

AWESOME BASH!

We had everything... crowds... dogs... breaks... jumps... police!

So good :)

Damage report:

Hyper 7:

front body post broken off and lost

Front of body cracked a bit more

Hyper ST:

Front Pin broken and lost

Rear arm cracked

Sway bar bend badly

Body FUBR

Discovered i need longer velcro straps too

Still not used to driving it... not too bad for its debut bash!

Awesome to meet up with everyone again, and i hope you new guys are hooked ;)

I'm pretty sure some sweet pics were taken... So get them posted up in the general forum, gotta get even more people to join us!

I'll have a look and my schedule... but how does 11th December sound for the next one?

I'll have to have a look and see if i can strengthen the arms at all... anyone know if shimming them will help?

Little dissapointed with my hyper... i guess i expected too much... :confused:

im tired beyond belife right now,

i was disapointed with the vorza today but now that i think about it the rear shock was a extended version and it was very weak to start off with:o

i still think i will be making customs ones though

thanks andy for the servo horn, do you mind if i buy another and just get it shipped straight to you?

damage report:

rear shock tower

rear of the stock body

servo horn

rod end

wing mount

and 1 finger which would not stop bleeding!

thanks joe for all the help with the vorza

thanks chris for the brownies they were amazing

thanks for the lift josh

and last but not least thanks everyone for coming

Awesome bash today guys :D

It was great to see some new faces and cars!!

I have quite a lot of your blood on my towel Roie :lol:

I don't think anythings broken on my DT, it's just very muddy...

And Chris, those brownies were awesome, were they the Jamie Oliver ones you linked to?

James

Awesome bash today guys :D

It was great to see some new faces and cars!!

I have quite a lot of your blood on my towel Roie :lol:

I don't think anythings broken on my DT, it's just very muddy...

And Chris, those brownies were awesome, were they the Jamie Oliver ones you linked to?

James

sorry about that, i didnt mean to

it looks like i killed someone with the amount of blood i have on it by running them over with my vorza and the blood stains on my shirt and transmitter

just found some awsome 6mm high grade steel shock towers for sale but no one seems to be able to get in contact with the guy

415036d1233965186-advanced-custom-engineering-d8-shock-towers-losi-8ight-motor-mounts-new1-600-x-451-.jpg

Awesome meet up today guys, great to see the cars and the people in the flesh, well up for it again any time..:good:

Thanks to all for checking spares boxes and to Joe for being Mr fixit ;) & Chris for the tasty tasty brownies

Damage report

Front hub - Last half hour it went & I brought along the wrong size spares lol

Lipo - 1 cell that was damaged a while ago..finaly went

if your willing to pay that.... and you reckon their worth it...

oh and roie... what thread should this discussion be in?

;)

they look like there much beefeir and will definatly save me time designing one myself,

there not that expensive considering the stocks cost about as much just for the front!

and sorry sir :D

Edited by revo madnesss

no after market on my car... accept the body...

just running hobao parts :)

Hyper st towers + rear brace... 9 shocks... 7 pro laydown servo

and obviously the brushless conversion ;)

wows i am very suprised!

if i have spare money after i sell the d8 parts and buy the mmm and all the nessasery parts for the losi i will consider buying one

just rememberd i need to buy a new lipo charger as the cheapo ones a crap

i wont need stuff such as wheels and electrics as i would be able to take them off the vorza if need be

Edited by revo madnesss

The Baja is only opening 75% of throttle atm, so need to work on that, anyone know of decent cheap sevos?

power HD ....joe has the link somewhere dude.

prefect turnout gents...a pleasure to meet new faces ..thanks to all who made long trips to get to us.

loved all the cars...the savage of rich...the awsome LST of chris...josh's mad scary Savage xl...and the star of the show ..jim's KYOSHO !!!

Damage report ....front drive shaft snapped jumping to impress the BMX boys ! ..fixed in ten mins...Front one way bearing gave up (think my 6s run helped it)

Some kind of mishap with centre sprocket..ended my day..going to investigate further .

Good news is that its finally bullet proof on the axles/hubs...i just need to increase the bracing on the front arms and i will be able to last all day in theory !

once ive got everything fixed...im going to start trials for 5s ! YUMMY !!

And yes those brownies were a jamie O recipe...pretty easy really .

Dec 11th could be good for me..i said to joe i might keep an eye on brunswick recreation ground...flat grass with a huge slope to leap off and whizz up...im going to see how well it drains and how short the grass is kept

might me a problem for nitro but would be ok if they run for say 10 mins at a time so locals dont get narked.

wanna take a vote on it ? Trent is only going to get muddier and more leafy !

to be honest i wasnt that impressed with trent park :ph34r: you can find flat grass any where. never the less it was a great day with some great cars and epic jumps

you missed the woods, imo next time we should head staright to the woods, i guess it was my fault though as i needed to work on my truck