• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The best game on a console you've ever played?

36racing

Had to be Gran Turismo 2 on Playstation, spent so much time doing the oval track in a Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, never completed the game though :lol:

Then Goldeneye on N64, then GTA III, VC, SA and IV on PS2 and PC.

Just noticed that they all begin with G :lol:

Edited by revorocks

Racing games aside. the best game/games I have ever played on a consol are Shenmue part 1 and part 2 on the sega Dreamcast. for their day that series was absolutly stunning. and was the game that produced such games as Fareinheight (indigo prophecy if your a yank) and heavy rain.

But come on Sega its about time you released part 3.

Also Despite never actualy playing it on a consol. Portal is one of the best games ever. it was made as a stocking filler for the orange box by valve, and ended up out shining half life 2 by far.

I know of no other game that has sparked off such a following of quotes. I can garentee you on every single forum in the world some one will have written "the cake is a lie".

I'd agree totally with that.

Shemmue was simply breathtaking at the time. So much to do, play, visit, see. Collecting those capsule toys was addictive. A really compelling story too, that made you want to play more. Shenmue II was on Xbox and I think is backwards compatable with the 360. I regret getting rid of mine.

Portal was like nothing I'd seen before and loved every hour I spent on those puzzles. ''Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out''. I had the cake line on my profile here until last week. :lol:.

Of recent games, its got to be GTA: San Andreas and Bioshock. GTA has always been good but SA was just miles apart from the rest of them. Like Shenmue, loads of things to do, places to go, even just travelling was great. And that story was fantastic. GTA4 was a let down after SA. And Bioshock was simply gorgeous. HD never looked so lush, and the story about Andrew Ryan's dream city of Rapture was believeable, yet unbelievable :lol:. Nice twist at the end too. ''Would you kindly....''

spyhunter, treasure island dizzy and impossible mission on the spectrum.

super mario brothers, bomberman, mario kart, pilot wings, theres more but i cant think of them, on the snes.

skitchin on the mega drive.

tetris on the gameboy.

GTA 1 london and 2, GT1 and GT2, FF7 and 9, metal gear solid, le man 24 hours, dave mirra freestyle bmx, smackdown 2 and roadrash on the ps1.

GT4, GTA:SA for all its flaws i still spent hours on this game, midnight club 3 (first ps2 game i played online) and star wars battlefront on ps2.

call of duty modern warfare 2, just cause 2, brutal legend, GTA:IV on ps3.

microsoft train simulator, command and conquer renegade, command and conquer red alert 2 + yuris revenge, command and conquer tiberium sun, rome total war, age of empires 2 on pc.

chase hq

spy hunter

manx TT

panzer dragon

nba jam tournement edition

killer instinct

street fighter1

gran turismo2 &4

soul caliber 1&2

sbk09

forza3

fallout 3 on 360

nfsu2 on ps2

cod waw on 360

the settlers iv on pc

forza 1, 2 and 3 on 360

midnightclub dub edition on ps2

pokémon red, yellow, silver, crystal, ruby, pearl and fire red on various game boy versions.

pokémon stadium 1 and 2 on n64

007 coldeneye on n64

pokémon colossium on game cube

Edited by Thunderwolf

N64- Perfect Dark

Ps1- Metal Gear solid

xbox- Halo

Ps2- Socom Us Navy seals 3, Time splitters Future perfect, Metal gear solid snake eater

xbox 360- Battlefield Bad company 2, Bioshock, left 4 dead

Ps3- Metal Gear solid 4

PC- Half life 2, Prey, Crysis, battlefield 2