• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Hey, here is a couple pictures showing the alloy savage diff in a lightning/ trophy diff case

SAM_0198.jpgSAM_0199.jpg

Just need to get myself another one to go with this one, though those inovative rc ones you have dazp are bleeding tempting, but after spending over

Which bearing is used for the brake cam?

Hello, this was the closet i could find to fit, it is a little thinner that the stock bush, but it seems to sit and work (complete diff mount in my hand)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371009085954?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=640191378706&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I only needed 1 for my lightning gt (locked centre diff, double disc setup on front) so you might be cheaper to look around, here is the bearing size MF85 ZZ 5x8x2.5mm

Hope this is some help to you

Allan

Hello, this was the closet i could find to fit, it is a little thinner that the stock bush, but it seems to sit and work (complete diff mount in my hand)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371009085954?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=640191378706&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I only needed 1 for my lightning gt (locked centre diff, double disc setup on front) so you might be cheaper to look around, here is the bearing size MF85 ZZ 5x8x2.5mm

Hope this is some help to you

Allan

I've been wondering if I could change those to bearings. Thanks

Here is a couple shots of the bearing in the place

SAM_0202.jpgSAM_0204.jpg

As you can see, its a little thinner than the bush it replaces but i think it'll work out fine

While i have the camera out, i thought it show of how the Lightning GT looks atm

SAM_0207.jpg

Allan

Here is a couple shots of the bearing in the place

SAM_0202.jpgSAM_0204.jpg

As you can see, its a little thinner than the bush it replaces but i think it'll work out fine

While i have the camera out, i thought it show of how the Lightning GT looks atm

SAM_0207.jpg

Allan

Awesome I'm going to order the bearings from avid bearings now

Hey, here is a couple pictures showing the alloy savage diff in a lightning/ trophy diff case

SAM_0198.jpgSAM_0199.jpg

Just need to get myself another one to go with this one, though those inovative rc ones you have dazp are bleeding tempting, but after spending over

Edited by dazp1976

Gutted, just come back from the lhs after going for my diff internals...and they were out of stock, but showing up on there website So I guess that's me out of action this weekend :'( unless I happen to buy a new wr8 motor and wheels...

Hey bud. Only the rears from the D8T tessmann will work, they are 133mm but the ball end is too small for our axles. The front ones and the ones off the original D8T are only 131mm. The 67402 axle ends off the original D8T and Vorza won't fit lightning shafts as the cup is smaller so they will only fit D8T shafts. The Tessmann axles aren't listed separately but they are the same thickness because they all use the 67404 CVD repair kit which has a shorter pin than our Trophy/lightning ones and the D8T 131mm front shafts are used on both models.

However. If you go down this route you will have a high initial outlay but the best thing about using the D8T shafts is you can get the CVD parts separately instead of having to buy a complete pair every time.

113467 - Universal shaft 133mm (D8T Tessmann)

67402 - Axle (D8T old/Vorza)

67404 - CVD repair kit (D8T old/Vorza)

OR

113462 - UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT SET 133mm. Complete pair of D8T Tessmann shafts

That was the thought behind the idea, im wanting/needing to change the axles to the bigger axles for the 17mm hex adaptors and since its a more modern truck so it would stand to reason that parts "should" be easier to get hold off. So 2 sets of rears should do me then?  Those Tessmann ones do look pretty good and the included rubber boots are handy too.

Just wanting on my hard anodized chassis coming, then the GT can be brought back to life

Allan

That was the thought behind the idea, im wanting/needing to change the axles to the bigger axles for the 17mm hex adaptors and since its a more modern truck so it would stand to reason that parts "should" be easier to get hold off. So 2 sets of rears should do me then?  Those Tessmann ones do look pretty good and the included rubber boots are handy too.

Just wanting on my hard anodized chassis coming, then the GT can be brought back to life

Allan

Yep. 2 sets of rears front and back. My question tho is do you really need CVD all round at that kind of outlay? you will still need to get hexes too. If it was me I would just get a set of 101067 buggy shafts and swap front axles, 101061 axles and 101162 at the back, then hexes off the Vorza. (I just happen to have all of those new ;) Although the Tessmann do look nice.

• Like 1

Yep. 2 sets of rears front and back. My question tho is do you really need CVD all round at that kind of outlay? you will still need to get hexes too. If it was me I would just get a set of 101067 buggy shafts and swap front axles, 101061 axles and 101162 at the back, then hexes off the Vorza. (I just happen to have all of those new ;) Although the Tessmann do look nice.

Well i have cvd's all round already (front, rear shafts aswell as centre front and centre rear shafts) on the gt, so i thought id just carry that on, as for the 17mm hex's, i already have a set of wider 17mm hex's that we bought for my son's virus st (before finding a longer set on ebay for

Well i have cvd's all round already (front, rear shafts aswell as centre front and centre rear shafts) on the gt, so i thought id just carry that on, as for the 17mm hex's, i already have a set of wider 17mm hex's that we bought for my son's virus st (before finding a longer set on ebay for

• Like 1

Down to my last carrier set like you had before. I'll keep it off sale for a bit as there is a possibility I won't have any more for a while after that. I'm not in any rush. Daz.

That'd be awesome bud.  Once i get this truck (tomorrow/friday) ill hit you up for them

Cheers

Allan

Will the side guards from the trophy truggy flux fit the trophy truggy nitro? I know I would have to drill holes but besides that.

I did it with one of mine but I had to grind the sides of the chassis plate straight as well to get a good fit for the body (may have gotten away with it but I wanted a perfect fit). The nitro plate has a subtle arrow shape to it so where the plate has that bend all along the side you end up with all of it left at the front and by the time you get to the back the cut is on the crease line itself. Just bolting them on without grinding the width worked out roughly 195mm at the front end and 211mm at the rear.

Hey guys, i just received a lightning stadium i won from ebay, it came with a few surprising parts, can anyone help me with a few of these please

SAM_0214.jpg

This king headz brace is just a little longer than the trophy buggy one i have, i don't think it is a lightning/trophy item?

SAM_0215.jpg

This shock tower dose not look the like any lightning stadium/trophy truggy one i've ever seen

SAM_0216.jpg

Same shape/style as the edit one from the previous picture, what's it from?

SAM_0212.jpg

What is this mount from, can it be used on a lightning stadium/trophy truggy?

SAM_0217.jpg
SAM_0218.jpg

SAM_0219.jpg

How much would you say this Proline shell is worth? (the hot bodies logos are from another shell and not attached to the Prolne one?

Now the rebuild begins

Thanks

Allan

Hey guys, i just received a lightning stadium i won from ebay, it came with a few surprising parts, can anyone help me with a few of these please

SAM_0214.jpg

This king headz brace is just a little longer than the trophy buggy one i have, i don't think it is a lightning/trophy item?

SAM_0215.jpg

This shock tower dose not look the like any lightning stadium/trophy truggy one i've ever seen

SAM_0216.jpg

Same shape/style as the edit one from the previous picture, what's it from?

SAM_0212.jpg

What is this mount from, can it be used on a lightning stadium/trophy truggy?

SAM_0217.jpg

SAM_0218.jpg

SAM_0219.jpg

How much would you say this Proline shell is worth? (the hot bodies logos are from another shell and not attached to the Prolne one?

Now the rebuild begins

Thanks

Allan

Interesting set of bits there. My suspicion is the towers are custom jobs to fit those shocks which look like Savage ones. The caps like those one's have long been discontinued for the Trophy. Do me a favour and measure the shocks and if I'm right they would be around 140mm or more give or take. If they are Savage types then I would really like to know if the caps actually fit Trophy.  As for the brace it is on the opposite side to where the normal Trophy brace is so my guess is it was rubbing the front shaft. If you look at the hole on the chassis it is in the same area as the one beside it which suggests it is a Truggy brace the correct length. I'll have it for my Flux if you don't want it :) The motor mount looks like a possible Tekno D8.

Hey Allan. Not having much luck on those towers yet but if those are Savage type shocks and they work well take the towers to a fabricators and get a price on cutting some out (do the hole drilling yourself) You might get some interested parties if I'm correct about the shocks. That would be way stronger than the stockers.

Edit Rc is now a dissolved company (the towers) did a whole bunch of upgrades for the lightning.  I can't confirm they are for the trophy but if the holes line up then I'm 99% certain they are.  Hold on to them they are good!

Update on those towers Allan. They are the: Edit ED010181 Hot bodies Lightning stadium shock tower. Unable to find any available so if you need any more you will have to have them copied. Like Deafty said with them being dissolved they won't be made any more.

Daz.

Hi

What's the most cost effective way to speed my Truggy up?

I have been looking at Jammin JP4 pipes on you tube and they to be quite effective.

Thanks.

Change the clutch bell to a 17t and install a 3 shoe clutch. I have a jp3 pipe and it seems to be pretty good.

Turns out this main truggy was a lightning stadium2 pro, the chassis, carbon fibre rear brace, those shocks (lightning pro shocks, not savage) and those strange looking shock towers, there lightning stadium 2's too

I've started to add the pro parts that i had on my lightning gt to thie stadium 2 chassis, added bearings to the steering posts/servo saver bitty, though i have came across a little problem with the savage hd diff cups interfering with the anti roll bars front and rear, i think i have a work around, guess we'll see.  Now that i have 2 sets of pro shocks, i think im going to try a double shock setup like the hot bodies gtx2 has (basicly a lightning gt with 2 engines)

Dazp, that king headz brace thing, its not a hot bodies/hpi part, looking at the king headz website, its for a kyosho mp7.5 or mp777

Here is another item i would like a name for

SAM_0230.jpg
SAM_0231.jpg

I know its a battery box, but who's the maker and is it a good one?

Ill get some pictures up once i have more parts on the chassis

Thanks

Allan