• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Does anyone know off a speedo and motor combo to go into truggy flux but still running 2x2s batts and waterproof ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Model-QUICRUN-4074SL-2000KV-Sensorless-Brushless-Motor-150A-ESC-ME130-/261538891400?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3ce4eec688

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to electrics and have a truggy flux and recently burnt out standard esc and decided to replace it with HPI Blur which is working but wondering if it'll run ok with standard scream motor and it also feels a little slower than before but unsure :-S and help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gary

Hi guys

sorry for putting this question up, probably been asked/answered loads of times. I will be treating myself to a couple of new lipo battery's for bashing rather than racing. wondered which ones you would recommend.

What are the best batteries to buy for the trophy truggy?

I have some hpi plazma 7.4v 4000 20c ones but need some more

What do you guys recommend?

Or shall I just match with something the same spec?

Hi guys

sorry for putting this question up, probably been asked/answered loads of times. I will be treating myself to a couple of new lipo battery's for bashing rather than racing. wondered which ones you would recommend.

I think I have asked before. I am in the same situation

@Mydoddy oh ok havnt had one break yet so i wouldnt know the weak point. Ive hit some pretty big jumps too. Seems like it could still be worth a shot for the bigger nut tightening the wheel or no? Ordered the buggy hexes and some losi lst drive shafts. Broke one trying to straighten it

This forum is great for tips and info, loads of knowledgeable people. Had my truggy for a few months now and love it. The only tip I can give you is don't let you wife have a go

Hi guys

Hi there. Depends what surface you run on imo. If you run on grass or other toughish surfaces I would say at least 40c minimum discharge. For car park type bashing on tarmac 30c up. I'm running a hobbywing qickrun 150a with flux Tork on 5s 13t pinion using zippy 5800 30c on grass and it has puffed after 20ish uses set at 3.4v cell cutoff. Gets way hotter than I would like too.

First things first is it stock motor and what gearing you running??

Next up what oils you using in the diff are they filled correct??

Is there any binding anywhere ??

Are these new diffs shimmed correct??

Is the center diff shimmed in the center diff housing correct?? 

Its no good just replacing them with say alloy diffs you need to find the root cause first or once you go to a new alloy diff you just cook the oil and be back to square one ..Your cooking the diff some how ?

Edited by dazp1976

Hey everyone, long post, but please bear with me. I've just brought myself a Pre Loved Truggy Flux and I'm having some issues. So far I've replaced a few bits, New front rear diff housings and hardened gears for each too, new spiral gear for the rear as that was worn. And I also fitted a brand new centre diff, unfortunately I brought the buggy one not the Truggy one, so I switched the 46T gear back to the old 50T one, All sorted at last, so I thought, First quick run, amazing, ran perfect, quick go on the road, just a few passes, perfect I thought sorted.

So I took it out to the woods by me for my first real go. On the flats it was great. Did a battery charging around, no crashes, just speed runs and a few drifts. Decided to find some more fun terrain for my 2nd battery and started to have a quick go trying to get some air. Jumps were to small but I seemed to have lost some drive. Then I lost petty much all drive, took the shell off, Centre Diff Spinning again, barely drive at all. Taken it apart again and the diff is a mess, diff shafts have melted themselves out of the runners they should be in! Which is why I had to replace the Diffs in the first place. And the gears are already worn a bit, i guess because the Shafts had come out of position?

Does anybody have the same issue?? Surely I don't need to replace the centre diff housing every battery (30mins) This is meant to be a great Truggy to bash with, it already has the 17mm hex upgrade and some other hop ups, and I was hardly getting it off the ground on any jumps, no big crashes either. I wasn't driving that hard. Any idea's on possible solutions? I don't think the Savage metal diff housing will fit the Truggy will they? Any help and info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated, Thanks  :thumbsup:

Strangely enough I actually found that a couple of my diff housings didn't like the hardened gears, they were so tight in there the binding was terrible. Bought some new ones and they went straight in. However if I put the original steel in there I have to put a 6x15x0.2 shim under the larger planetary gear at each end now. Just a thought. Strange but true :)

I agree.   Though there are better,. for more coin.

I ran single lump nanotech 5000 65-130c  though the c rating is probably overrated they performed well.

2000kv motor fyi on 13-15t and stock spur

oh,. truggy :lol:

if u want decent high end lipos get SMC ;)

have fun with it  :thumbsup:   what upgrades you going for?

Hi,

Throughout the next month or so i will be purchasing

> DE Tank puller kit

> Alimunium Servo Arm's

> Upgarded Power HD metal gear High Torque servo ( for steering ) & High speed ( for Throttle )

> Hong Nor Big Bore Truggy tuned pipe

> Black Dish Wheels

Will be ordering the below tomorrow probably

3a0d501bec832c28d10dd622b7ce577d_zps00c0

Hi,

> DE Tank puller kit

> Alimunium Servo Arm's

> Upgarded Power HD metal gear High Torque servo ( for steering ) & High speed ( for Throttle )

> Black Dish Wheels

Will be ordering the below tomorrow probably 3a0d501bec832c28d10dd622b7ce577d_zps00c0

Ah so mainly electrics upgrades no chassis upgrades yet. Looks good though and then only upgrade the parts that break when your bashing simples!

Hi,

> DE Tank puller kit

> Alimunium Servo Arm's

> Black Dish Wheels

Will be ordering the below tomorrow probably

3a0d501bec832c28d10dd622b7ce577d_zps00c0

Save some coin fella and just use a bit of fuel tube and cable ties for a puller 

Hpi plazma packs are good but these are better and you can get 2 for the price of one of the plazma packs

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/172600/gens-ace-1600mah-6v-nimh-flat-pack

Servos i have been running these for a few months now on different trucks and i think there awesome and much better than the power hd servo's 

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__29326__Turnigy_1259TG_Digital_Titanium_Gear_Servo_57g_16kg_14sec_UK_Warehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__60368__Turnigy_1258TG_Digital_Titanium_Gear_Servo_57g_13_5kg_10sec_UK_Warehouse_.html

just a thought  :thumbsup:

One rule that i said to myself is buy cheap buy twice lol thats why i kinda stick away from cheap cheap items lol.

Is it worth it getting a bigger battery capacity?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-6v-marathon-xl-1900-receiver-hump-pack/rc-car-products/36207.

Figures look very close to the power Hd's. Will look into it abit more thanks pal